I to have the same scenario assister in California . however you cannot import a brand new car . from what I told . First you have to registered in their name and their address in the US , drive it for a little bit and then important as a used vehicle . it Has to have some kilometres on it . Basically that’s my back up plan for a zo6

... however you cannot import a brand new car . from what I told . First you have to registered in their name and their address in the US , drive it for a little bit and then important as a used vehicle . it Has to have some kilometres on it ....
You need to do a bit more research. Try here:
and here:

...however you cannot import a brand new car . from what I told . First you have to registered in their name...
...I don’t need to research it . Thanks anyway
The reason I offered advice is because your statement that "you cannot import a brand new car." Perhaps you can point out where Transport Canada or CSB restrict new cars?

You can import a brand new car "IF" you can find a dealer to sell you one. Most dealership agreements prohibit out of country sales on new vehicles. A broker is usually the answer here...

Hey guys,

I have a C7 GS. Looking to get into a C8. A Z06 ideally but that is still up for debate

Here is the situation:
  • My brother works in the United States. Given the timeline for C8s over here, I was thinking of having him buy the car since it is available in the US. At least the stingray with multiple dealers giving me 3-4 months for delivery on a new order.
  • Z06 looks like 12-16 months from the various dealers I have called
  • The cheapest dealer that I have found is asking for 5K over MSRP for the Stingray and 15K over MSRP for the Z06. He gave me the 12-16 months timeline for the Z06
  • My idea was to have him buy the car outright and register it here in Ontario. We have the same house address so I could just drive it once he plates it in Ontario
My questions to someone who has done this would be:
  • He will be paying Sales tax in WA. Would he have to pay full HST when he transfers over here or the difference?
  • There are not any modifications that are needed. The process seems simple enough. Is there anything I am missing? From someone who has done this, how smooth did it go?
I am going to be calling around different dealers in the US to get the best deal. Paying over MSRP is not something I usually do but if I can get it close to 5K for the Z06, I will do it. In total I am guessing the Z06 will cost me110K USD which would equate to about 140K CAD + Tax . Around 85K USD + Tax for the Stingray.

Thanks a ton!
I have importers vehicles from the USA to Canada. You really, really need to check online with appropriate government agencies on both sides of the border for guidelines that are up to date and simply abide by them. Most forms can be filled out online and if you read the guidelines you will be much farther ahead than reading what “we” have to say online. Good Luck & Happy Motoring!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.