Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
That you were glad to see heading down the road. I'll start……

jOSpNZul.jpg

lib8y04l.jpg

Reactions: nascar03
I have sellers remorse. No buyers regret.....oh wait! Sorry, I don't have a picture but last year I bought a GMC Envoy Denali. Private sale. The 3 minute test drive seemed fine. Bought it and on the way home, the service stabilitrak warning came up and the chime wouldn't stop. Called the guy right away and all he said was that it's probably a ground. Went to a friends place so he could scan the codes. The scanner would connect to the vehicle, but nothing further. Then the window wouldn't go down. We found the door harness was loose. Since it wouldn't read codes, I went home. Trying to back into the driveway, the rear wheels just spun, and it's supposed to be AWD, so I parked it on the street. The next morning, I came out and it had a ticket on it for having no plate. Good times.
Lots of conversation later, we negotiated that he'd take it back for $400 less than I paid for it. What a waste of money, but I was never so happy to be rid of a vehicle.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Great story Riley. Sad and but I did have a chuckle even if was at your expense.:Biggrin:

Sorry you got ripped.:Cryin:

Funny thing is I think you have sellers remorse over your Chevelle and yet my only regret selling my Chevelle was how much money I spent on a car that was never going to be great. I have sellers remorse over the boat I sold to get this one. Oh well we move on.

Reactions: Riley P
I bought one of these back in-the-day,
but it did not live up to it's expectations.
I should have sent it back.

EB Enterprises 121G - Flux Capacitor | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Graham
So I'm not the only one who got sucked in Graham... I also bought one without realizing you also had to have a Delorean DMC12 to make it work. Luckily I was able to sell it to a fellow with a Delorean.... Strangely, I never ever saw him again... Wonder when he went?

In the Mid 90's I started to discover a consistency in my Buyer remorse by allowing compromise in what I wanted in the process of negotiation.

Bought a new truck and while striking a deal, the Dealer Manager negotiated me toward a different truck with a lesser compliment of accessories. Ended up paying more to just add some of the options back in the months following and eventually found the truck I originally was attempting to buy ... being on sale! :Banghead:

Took from this that I had to develop a keener sense of know-how for what was going to satisfy me and stick to my guns. I had discipline myself to not come away with something I didn't walk in to buy. Had to learn to be able to exit from a negotiation without being angry. Had to not be the one to destroy the bridge behind me. Had to refine my understanding of my old schooling for what "a dollar saved is a dollar earned" means to me. I had to allow myself all the time in the world for me.:smilejump1:and not put a dollar value on my time unless I was able to invoice someone for it.

Does it work? Well, I am still working on graduating from the class :gum2:

Buyers regret??

Probably only one thing in my life and that is easy to identify.

The wedding ring for my ex-wife. Never knew how much that'd run me in the end....................!

Buyers regret??

Probably only one thing in my life and that is easy to identify.

The wedding ring for my ex-wife. Never knew how much that'd run me in the end....................!

2 dozen suicide wings..........ouchy!!!:hurting:

Bill

A double ouch.:( For different reasons but both sound like a pain in the same bodily region.

Very funny guys.:thumbs:

Well... until this weekend, I couldn't think of something definite that I had buyers remorse over.... but.... Saturday night I went with a client to the Ducks Unlimited dinner banquet.... I showed amazing restraint and did not by a new shotgun, or an overpriced DU curio cabinet.... and No. Not even a set of DU engraved bar stools.... But I did purchase copious amounts of bourbon both there and at a club afterwards.... Yesterday I had a major case of Buyer's Bourbon Remorse..... And after three trips to the hospital, the duty nurse quit laughing and got really tired of telling me I was hungover and I wasn't really going to die.... And of course she was right... :D:Banghead:

I can even laugh without it hurting today...;)

A used boat 12 about years ago. Not as nice as the Donzi shown!
Bought the GS in May and sold that same boat in September.
I think the saying goes..."the 2 happiest days for a boat owner are the day he or she buys it and and the day they sell it"

10Fore, the odd thing is that I really wanted and liked that boat. I could just not get the handle on driving it properly. It had a narrow beam and was very sensitive to weight shift. Someone in the back would move and the boat would go off balance and required tab adjustment to level it again. I suck at video games and that is what driving it was like so trying to adjust tabs, trim and throttle was too much for me. I seldom shift my car out of first gear for the same reason.:Biggrin: My god the thing sounded incredible especially when you hit the "Captains Call" to open the exhaust. Wow.

The other issue was we had to trailer it, although we live on a lake it was too big to get it down the only ramp. Knowing that was not an issue initially but I have some serious health issues and discovered that I lacked the strength to get it on and off the trailer. I just could not do it, even with my wife helping me.

It became an albatross and it simply had to go. It was a beautiful boat but I just could not manage it.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.