Doesn't matter what mode you are in. TQ is reduced during break-in, but any mode will hit redline
sorry I must be slow today and its not a typical 120 degree day either ... any mode will hit redline - so how do you force the car to shift at 4000 rpm or is that even a concern to worry about?
I drive in tour mode almost the entire time, but when I pass someone I may put it into sport mode and then give it a go! so if I am reading into what you said above I should be very conscious not to exceed the 4000 RPM mark or don't worry about it and just drive the car and enjoy it? I'm not punching it and running it out , I am merely putting my foot into it to pass a group of whatever then let it settle back down and run at the speed limit again.

sorry I must be slow today and its not a typical 120 degree day either ... any mode will hit redline - so how do you force the car to shift at 4000 rpm or is that even a concern to worry about?
I drive in tour mode almost the entire time, but when I pass someone I may put it into sport mode and then give it a go! so if I am reading into what you said above I should be very conscious not to exceed the 4000 RPM mark or don't worry about it and just drive the car and enjoy it? I'm not punching it and running it out , I am merely putting my foot into it to pass a group of whatever then let it settle back down and run at the speed limit again.
Don't punch it and it will shift at lower rpms. One doesn't need to go full out when passing in this car!

• Agree
Reactions: Cannonball Rally
Got my first 100km in today and yes there is a smell from engine bay but no smoke for me. Definitely just new engine smell.

It’s incredibly hard not to floor it when at stoplights but that will come soon enough. Driving in touring , it shifts well below 4K rpm so leaving it be should be all good for breaking in.

I might add that Zmode can be set up anyway you like pretty much. You can always change it once the car is broken in, but I'd set up and use MyMode because the car will start up in myMode if left there.

I drive in tour mode almost the entire time, but when I pass someone I may put it into sport mode and then give it a go! so if I am reading into what you said above I should be very conscious not to exceed the 4000 RPM mark.

800 km comes quickly. Just drive in Tour Mode and vary your speed and it is not likely you surpass 4,000 rpm Once the tach changes to a 6500 RPM you will know you can play with every setting.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.