Aug 26, 2021
Montreal
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2023 C8 Z51
Province
QC
So here's the reality check. By the time some of us make it down the list to place our order, the limited edition C8.R special edition option will be long gone (none available). As some of you know, I am a big "pastel" color fan, and until now, was flip flopping between AO and RB. Yet my brother owns an Audi RS7 (newer version) in that dark charcoal grey, and just yesterday was driving beside a Lambo in the same color. The HG looks timeless, sporty, something one could live with in the longer run (still weighing more towards the pastels at this point).

To my question. For anyone who was hoping to stick with a 2LT and not spend the unnecessary extra bucks to go full 3LT, are any of you reconsidering to move up to a 3LT for the SOLE PURPOSE to build a C8.R looking vehicle. For example, to build a HG with Sky Cool Grey / Strike Yellow one must take the 3LT to get that interior color option. It is pretty much the ONLY reason I would move to 3LT, because for everything else (exterior color, yellow brake callipers, yellow seatbelts, I can pretty much get the car looking exact to the C8.R edition, minus the seats.

So who else is considering to build a 3LT, and had no intentions to (sticking to 2LT) to be able to re-create the C8.R look ?? I am one of them (in HG).

p.s. an edit to say I just realized also that the RB guys pretty much had to do the same (forced to go 3LT) to get that gorgeous RB/TB interior, even if they only wanted 2LT

Thanks

When I picked up my car from Cullen 13+ months ago there was a C8 already sporting the black stabilizing thing on the rear bumper. I asked why and was told he wanted it to look like the C8R
1633882370074.png

Well if you were spending my money, I would say no thank you. However, since you’re spending your money, buy what you like. A.O., R.B, H.G., 2LT, 3LT, whatever spec you choose, I’m sure you will be happy! Don’t worry about what others think. Enjoy your car!!

Well if you were spending my money, I would say no thank you. However, since you’re spending your money, buy what you like. A.O., R.B, H.G., 2LT, 3LT, whatever spec you choose, I’m sure you will be happy! Don’t worry about what others think. Enjoy your car!!
Hmmm, That would make for a good plan, spend your money instead. Aren’t you supposed to be telling me RB is the fastest color ? Was just curious who else went this direction (recreate the C8.R), which brings me to another question, C8.R sticker on a non C8.R (like having fake sneakers maybe ?)

• Haha
Reactions: MY21C8
Hmmm, That would make for a good plan, spend your money instead. Aren’t you supposed to be telling me RB is the fastest color ? Was just curious who else went this direction (recreate the C8.R), which brings me to another question, C8.R sticker on a non C8.R (like having fake sneakers maybe ?)
What I’m trying to say is, it’s your money. Spec the car the way you want. What ever you decide on, it’s going to be wicked nice! One of the most frustrating and most enjoyable times I had was going through all the options, all the colour choices. So much fun!
745B8617-FD0F-44D9-94EC-07C9A381134C.jpeg

Maybe I should ask my question differently, besides guys like @JohnP who went 3LT and RB/TB interior, is there anyone considering to go HG with the SCG / SY interior (3LT as well). After that decision, it's pretty much aero, rims, wing, and to complete the wanna-be look, stickers. Not sure I would go as far as to swap out the rear bumper as per above picture, seems extreme. I know, my build my decision, just checking if there is anyone else considering a C8.R type build from a 3LT.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the SCG/SY interior, so unless you really want it, you could stick with 2LT. I originally has chosen a SCG interior on orange exterior, but when my allocation came up was right when GM stopped using the old orange, so had to respec the car, chose AY for the exterior and just didnt like the SCG, even 2-tone, with the AY, so went black with yellow striping and belts - really love that combo and in hindsight so glad the orange wasn't available at the time. I think the C8.R seats would be great if they were all black with the yellow accents but the grey just doesnt do it for me. Besides, as someone else noted, a clone wont boost your price, so spec it the way you want inside, and you can always add the stickers outside.

Reactions: Neils
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.