This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

brrr !!!

Had to go to town this afternoon. Highway 118 was just pure thick ice all the way. The provincial government gave the road contract to an Australian and we are suffering the consequences of that decision.

Never have I seen the highways in middle Ontario so badly maintained.

I'm fine once I get out of my court type street.
I notice the next court over from us all the slop and ice has been plowed. I wonder if that is because the mayor live on that court. I must ask him that at the next council meeting on Tuesday.

Deer me?

I just noticed on my "summer pic" ----if u look closely---u can c a Doe and her fawn on the far side of the pond. She actually has twins! Thing is my property is in the city!-----I love to see them----This is her fourth set of twins----she has been visiting for 5 years. One year we didn't see her.

Talkin' bout roofs----I wanted to put a metal one on this year. I got three quotes and all were within 68 dollars of each other.----20,068.00 Dollars. Thats right---20 grand to roof over existing shingles.----3 quotes and not one company called back to "follow up" ----Guess nobody wants work too bad!

Good Lord -- I'm amazed at the price but even more amazed at the lack of response.

I wonder what the manufacturer would say about those who are representing the company.

C.

hahaha- good eyes there Bob .... I do see them. Such a precious sight and one that recurs annually ..... .
You know that's a very common sight when I was on Vancouver Island this past summer visiting Steamer. Many sights of deer -- out of town, in town, all over.

Very tame, well fed and well protected.

An outstanding memory of my trip there.

Pardon the off topic but these pics I snapped in my travels with Steamer will warm your heart as it did mine and I suspect Bob's pics did too:

C.

While they may be a beautiful animal, they are a very real danger around highways. I just happened to find and hit one with a 2 week old car brand new car back in the late 80's. It just came out of nowhere and after hitting it, (it lost the battle), the entire front end was virtually gone and the car was written off. I never travel on any major highway today without worrying that another will appear out of nowhere. There is no love lost between us I am sorry to say. Luckily, neither I nor my wife were injured.

if one runs out you can be pretty much guaranteed another will be right behind it. don't think you're safe when the first one has crossed. i have a buddy who likely holds the record around here, i think he's at about number 12.

A friend had one cross the road in front of him. The second ran right into his quarter panel. Dumb as a post they are. I used to hunt deer and I swear that they have the same number of brain cells as our old 12 year old gold fish. They were no challenge at all. In town, they can clean off a flower bed better than any mower.

Users who are viewing this thread