Apr 3, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
Waitlisted 2023 C8
Province
ON
In an incredible stroke of luck, was chatting with a dealer back in April and he had just been made aware of a C8 build in process where the customer had to bail on the purchase. No ability to change the build...just available as is if I wanted it for MSRP. Being in the right place at the right time, I jumped at it and, now that I have her, not sure I'd change a thing! 3LT HTC, Amplify Orange with Sky Cool Grey interior, Z51, a few other options, also swapped out the summer tires for AS...this is not gonna be a garage princess! She's in now for PPF and ceramic interior / exterior...then it's drive time!

Attachments

• 348382460_595608635967351_7375305373954777492_n.jpg
    348382460_595608635967351_7375305373954777492_n.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 300
  • 346106707_3013733175600657_3486156013714924296_n.jpg
    346106707_3013733175600657_3486156013714924296_n.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 134
In an incredible stroke of luck, was chatting with a dealer back in April and he had just been made aware of a C8 build in process where the customer had to bail on the purchase. No ability to change the build...just available as is if I wanted it for MSRP. Being in the right place at the right time, I jumped at it and, now that I have her, not sure I'd change a thing! 3LT HTC, Amplify Orange with Sky Cool Grey interior, Z51, a few other options, also swapped out the summer tires for AS...this is not gonna be a garage princess! She's in now for PPF and ceramic interior / exterior...then it's drive time!
Congrats, love the amplify OraNRG👍🎉👏

Reactions: Johnny21C8
DAMN! (and congratulations) It's a very good looking car. We have one of them (Orange) local out here, that I've spoken to the owner once about.

Gorgeous car man. Enjoy. I use to live in Ont. - so, not sure she will be driven 12 mth of the year - LOL. However, I like your thought process.:heavycar:

Looks great and enjoy it… if not done make sure you add on the front grille rad guards and the side vent guards as well.. plus the rock tire guards as well.
Wonder what kind of price they are coming out onto the street for? And, where does one get the "guards" you mentioned. I've got a 2021.

Wonder what kind of price they are coming out onto the street for? And, where does one get the "guards" you mentioned. I've got a 2021.
I made my own from stuff from Amazon. I have a 2020, and before GM realized the profit they could make selling these, they said that putting them on may be problematic for warranty coverage. Which goes to show how bogus that claim was, purely a reason to deny warranty claims

I made my own from stuff from Amazon. I have a 2020, and before GM realized the profit they could make selling these, they said that putting them on may be problematic for warranty coverage. Which goes to show how bogus that claim was, purely a reason to deny warranty claims
Btw the total cost was something like $60.

I got the front radiator guards as a dealer install. There are different rock tire guard options...I prefer the ACS Composites even though they are pricey!
They are; but, they are are amazing and better than the OEM IMHO. OEM radiator guards were not available, I do not think, when I got my car; ergo Paragon: both installed by my dealer. I also bought rear license plate holder from ACS which looks great.

Wow what a story !! Lucky you for landing a C8 at MSRP with not even a 2 month wait, unheard of !! Assuming by April you meant this April. Crazy but I am hearing more and more stories of people backing out or declining or not ready. Man I cannot wait for mine, about 3 weeks away, and also a 3LT HTC Z51. I will be sniffing that new interior smell all day long.

AO was 1 of 3 colors on my short list, (also with the SCG interior), really nice color setup. I saw it with the high wing and it looked like a wild child !!

Enjoy the car !!!

Nice and congratulations 🎉

You’ll have some fun with that

Just make sure to allow extra time when ever you hit a gas station as these cars always spark conversation even from non corvette folks 😮
Yes! I had a hard time getting away one day - LOL.

Reactions: MKinOntario
Wow what a story !! Lucky you for landing a C8 at MSRP with not even a 2 month wait, unheard of !! Assuming by April you meant this April. Crazy but I am hearing more and more stories of people backing out or declining or not ready. Man I cannot wait for mine, about 3 weeks away, and also a 3LT HTC Z51. I will be sniffing that new interior smell all day long.

AO was 1 of 3 colors on my short list, (also with the SCG interior), really nice color setup. I saw it with the high wing and it looked like a wild child !!

Enjoy the car !!!
Yes, April this year...you're right, I really lucked out!

Reactions: Neils
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.