Oct 13, 2011
Ancaster, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2004 convertible
A great event for people who enjoy cars, no matter what the mark. I've been three times and each time has been a very enjoyable experience, interesting cars and people, a not to be missed event in my book.

Over 1,000 cars and 8,000 spectators, biggest BritCar event in North America, presented by the Toronto Triumph Club in one of the areas best parks.

First held in 1984 it's on the third Sunday of the month every September. This year it's Sunday Sept. 15th.

Brit3-L.jpg

Brit2-L.jpg

Brit1-L.jpg

Brit4-L.jpg

for more info: British Car Day

Bronte Park:
https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&q=Bronte+Creek+Provincial+Park&near=Oakville,+ON,+Canada&ll=43.401618,-79.765205&spn=0.043029,0.079136&z=14&iwloc=A&om=1

Take pictures! Especially of any TVR's! If the weather was better I could have gotten a ride in a TVR Griffiths 500 when I was visiting London in the late 90's. How awesome that would have been! So now I just brag about how close I got to one. :D

I have attended this event a few times too and it is always a good day out. Some lovely cars on display and there are usually a few TVR's. They are a rare sight on the roads these days and were built not too far from where I grew up.

Antony

I have attended this event a few times too and it is always a good day out. Some lovely cars on display and there are usually a few TVR's. They are a rare sight on the roads these days and were built not too far from where I grew up.

Antony

You gong this year Antony? If it works out for Terry and I, we will go.

C.

Here are a few pics from the30th Annuasl British Car Day put on by the Toronto Triumph Club.
Well over 1,000 cars and god knows how many spectators. It was a fantastic afternoon, as an added bonus at 12 noon they had the Great War Flying Museum from Brampton put on a mock dogfight in their WWI replica aircraft.

First World War (WWI) Planes -- Great War Flying Museum

Couldn't get any pics of them as I was pulling into the park when they were just wrapping up the show, but what I did see of the "dogfight" was very enjoyable.

Sadly high winds made them ground the hot air balloon, I was all set to spring a surprise on Mary and go for a ride in it. Maybe next year.

now on to the pics.

IMG_4926-XL.jpg

IMG_4776-XL.jpg

IMG_4777-XL.jpg

IMG_4778-XL.jpg

IMG_4825-XL.jpg

IMG_4826-XL.jpg

IMG_4788-XL.jpg

IMG_4830-XL.jpg

IMG_4849-XL.jpg

IMG_4856-XL.jpg

more to come

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread