This may be off topic, but in the video of service delivery the red C8 showed red outline on the wheels. When pricing the C8 I didn't see that anywhere, and I like the way it stands out. Is this done after the purchase? Thanks

This may be off topic, but in the video of service delivery the red C8 showed red outline on the wheels. When pricing the C8 I didn't see that anywhere, and I like the way it stands out. Is this done after the purchase? Thanks

It is normally a factory wheel option. I had this on my last C7Z. Almost certain it is available for the C8s as well... although I have not researched that. Pretty sure the C8 guys can confirm quickly one way or the other.
Some guys have added this to regular wheels as well. There are aftermarket kits available for this.

WTF any person who worries about getting any scratches or nicks will never enjoy driving it .l have had more damage done to my cars on the QEW or gardener expwy than on all the back roads in Canada. Perhaps a truck will suit them better LOL .

I drove my new Corvette off the lot and straight south of YEG to home 300km away.
My issue was keeping my speed reasonable during the initial break-in.
A year later, we did it again with my Wife's new Corvette.
Enjoy the Car.

Otherwise get the PPF put on by the dealer and have it on the invoice.
This way "no loss" insurance will cover it.
My "no loss" covers everything that is on the invoice & window sticker for 5yrs.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions for those of us driving our C8 a long distance home?
I have to drive 120 KM to get home before I can take it in for PPF.
They are paved secondary roads but stones can be anywhere along the way.
Second issue, should we be installing Frunk chain in dealers lot? Would that be too insulting?
Drive down the street and do in a mall parking lot?
Or, just hope for the best?
I drove my C8 around for a week before i was able to get the PPF and ceramic coat with no issues . 120 Kms is nothing, just keep well back from gravel trucks! ;) As far as the frunk release safety chain dont even bother. your car should have the button update completed and if its not (ie double click test) just put the key in the cupholders when driving and not in your pocket. the issue was user error 100% .. the frunk wont open if you dont push the button!

Its not a factory option. Th owner just painted the Machined edge

the issue was user error 100% .. the frunk wont open if you dont push the button!
Beg to differ. The first one it happened to is a friend and the dealer confirmed there was no chime with the frunk opening. They were isolated issues I agree. Some were definitely accidental pocket button pushes etc, but not all.

Beg to differ. The first one it happened to is a friend and the dealer confirmed there was no chime with the frunk opening. They were isolated issues I agree. Some were definitely accidental pocket button pushes etc, but not all.
So do you think the update fixed the problem then ?

So do you think the update fixed the problem then ?
I think it was isolated to a few. Bad connections, shorted wiring, bad system software (thanks to ChevyDude.)
That kind of thing perhaps. But they did update the frunk software which could easily fix any issues that GM won't tell us about. Either way with the new software the car can't exceed 40 KPH with the frunk open significantly reducing any damage that might happen. I know I am anal about checking it though :)

I think it was isolated to a few. Bad connections, shorted wiring, bad system software (thanks to ChevyDude.)
That kind of thing perhaps. But they did update the frunk software which could easily fix any issues that GM won't tell us about. Either way with the new software the car can't exceed 40 KPH with the frunk open significantly reducing any damage that might happen. I know I am anal about checking it though :)
Ya the 40 km limit is definitely a fender saver, and honestly I was a little nervous before the update, but now I can't see it being a issue at all. Definitely not a bad idea to give it a push down every now and again 😂😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.