pappy

Casual User
Apr 15, 2012
Clarksburg, ON
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2009 Convt.
My 09 Vette has 30K miles on it, I try to keep it clean but after a 100km driving the wheels are full of black dust and need to be cleaned. I have drilled rotors. Does anybody have a recommendations on what brake pads I could buy that would not produce so much brake dust.

Our 2005 has the standard brakes and cleaning the wheels is just standard procedure at least once a week. There is cleaner that you can spray on the wheels to help lift the dirt. The five spoke wheels are pretty easy to do. Look around and you will see regular vehicles driving down the road, and the ones that are never cleaned will have black wheels on the front. Certain brake lining materials give off a lot more dust than others. Search for it. Lots have been put on the internet.

i now use ceramic brake pads, I also replaced my rotors. got it all from Manny, and had good service as usual. he has been a great supplier for all my vette parts

Last edited by a moderator:
I just purchased a set of EBC Redstuff brake pads, they are very expensive. I will install them when I get back from Florida in the spring. Will provide an update on how they perform.

Ditto on the Redstuff experience.

The original pads were not only producing clouds of pad dust.

This was not so much of an issue as with 3/4 of a mile of gravel to drive, even at 20 km/hr, by the time I'd get home after washing the car the rims were filthy again anyway. The original pads also squeaked annoyingly.

Redstuff, installed by Manny, took care of both problems.

Still have to solve the gravel road problem though! Might have to move!!!!!

Cheers,

Garry

The GM dealer I bought my car from replaced the rotors and pads before I took delivery.
Hawk PC ceramics is what they put on.
I've only had the car for a week but I'm very happy with the brakes so far.

Reactions: Tinman
I just purchased a set of EBC Redstuff brake pads, they are very expensive. I will install them when I get back from Florida in the spring. Will provide an update on how they perform.
My new EBC Redstuff pads are installed and I am very pleased with them, great performance, minimal dust and no squeaks, I also painted the rotors and calipers. I masked the breaking surface of course. Also purchased a new set of Nitto Invos tires. They perform well and I hope they will last for a while. Did an alignment as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.