John D

2 You're 10
Aug 24, 2010
Port Dover,Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
Will the c6 let me know when I need to change my brake pads Will I get a message in the driver information center telling me to change them or do I have visibly inspect them? Thanks for your help.:confused:

Will the c6 let me know when I need to change my brake pads Will I get a message in the driver information center telling me to change them or do I have visibly inspect them? Thanks for your help.:confused:

You will need to inspect them , there are no sensors to tell you the pad wear .

I just changed mine at around 61,000 on my C6. I take my car to the track occasionally and was told that I had about 20% left. Changed them anyway to ceramic. Look ma, no brake dusk. A little squeal sometimes but overall impressed.

Good discussion. I think I'd like to do the rotors at the same time--and maybe get some calipers while I'm at it too.

Anyone know some good C6 aftermarket products for this package? Price range? All I really know other than OEM is the Brembo label. A decent product, I assume.
[mob][/mob]

Not sure if this helps but it's out there:

Brake pad warning light on.... - Corvette Forum

There may be others, google to find.
I try to make it a habit of looking at the pads which are fairly easy to see just to be sure of their condition.
Cheers.

Colin.

Last edited:
Factory pads have a metal bar that will scrape against the rotor when the pads wear down, and will make a squealing noise when brakes are applied. (nails, chalkboard)

I would still recommend checking them regularly with a visual inspection.

I should add: changed the fronts twice and the rears once. There was no sensor on the pads front or back. I wore the rears down to the rotors, no check light. Mine is a 2005.

From other cars I have worked on (including my Audi) there was a electrical connection to the pad to sense the pads wearing out. No such thing on the pads (and I replaced with OEM pads).

Maybe later MY have a sensor. I would still recommend checking them regularly with a visual inspection.

BTW one of those links posted by CCO is for a Citroen C6 NOT a CORVETTE C6!!!!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.