TimothyE

I'm New Here
Apr 11, 2015
Edmonton, AB
VetteCoins
Car
1996 C4 LT-1
1996 C4 LT1, with all original equipment except for all seals which were replaced last year.
Clean car, polished but, after a short trip noticed what appears to be brake dust on the lower rear panels behind the wheels. No squealing, no problems with brakes (at least none that I have detected); mechanic tells me pads are in great shape. Is this normal? Or what? Comments and suggestions welcome. Cheers, Timothy

Highly possible Timothy, there is a lot of brake pad dust on my wheels on occasion so I wonder if the style of wheels you have blows the dust back? Just a thought but I have no idea what else could cause this.

Nice car. Enjoy.

.....I think it is just road grime picked up and kicked up by the tires. Had my Crossfire out couple weeks ago on a 400 km run and when I got back it had a light film of black suit like film on it mostly along the bottom of the body. Take a white cloth and wipe it and it shows up. Like how much were you riding the brakes to get that much ? sounds impossible to me but another thing you can do is after driving awhile stop and feel the hub , if hot then the shoes are rubbing abit , if cool then no way the brakes are dusting off. Or where are the exhaust outlets ? maybe getting abit of a swirl and it is exhaust suit coating the back end ? ........my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.