I've done the assembly plant tour twice (in 97 and 98) but sadly I didn't have enough time to see the museum (both times I did the tour I was on my way home from Memphis, and only had a couple of hours of free time, otherwise if I stayed longer I wouldn't have made it home to Toronto before dark that same day) But even just the assembly plant tour alone is worth it! I loved it both times!

Been to both. The best part for me was the plant tour. I watched my new 2011 grand sport be built from beginning to actually started it when it was finished. Worth every cent for this experience. Actually bought the photo album that shows the car being built in different stage

Hi Darcy. Took the assembly plant tour last August. Really impressive. Well worth the effort to visit, especially for Vette enthusiasts of all series. Demonstrates the employees attention to detail and quality controls for these cars. Another tour and the NCM in future plans.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

After 20+ years of envisioning, I now have my NCM and plant tour ticket confirmation for Monday, April 24th. I can't wait !! The Callaway Corvette display in one location will be especially fascinating for me as not many are seen in my part of the world.

Cheers !

Ladies and Gentlemen,

After 20+ years of envisioning, I now have my NCM and plant tour ticket confirmation for Monday, April 24th. I can't wait !! The Callaway Corvette display in one location will be especially fascinating for me as not many are seen in my part of the world.

Cheers !
Enjoy your experience ! :Seeya:
Yet another Corvette Thrill that I would love to follow footsteps on and I patiently wait to hear about your time.
You maybe consider joining the us in the Ponoka Run from Airdrie on May 6th to tell us all about it ?
Cheers
:upup:

I will be posting pics from the NCM and Plant Tour !!
SN-III - Thanks for the invite to the Ponoka Run on May 6. Definitely a possibility. PM me the details please.
:)

You'll want to budget (as in, set aside lots of $$$) for your tour of the gift shop at NCM.....quite well stocked... prices comparable to online sellers. And perhaps save your appetite for a bite at the Corvette Café.

I've been to the museum a few times, but so far every time I've been the plant tour wasn't running, so still on the bucket list. I usually get to Bowling Green every couple of years, wife's family is from the area, so I will get it checked off the list.

If you like BBQ just down the road ( west towards town ) there is a hole in the wall BQQ place that is great called Smokey Pig BBQ. Was featured by Alton Brown (FOODTV) in this show

The Corvette Assembly Plant tour and the NCM on April 24, 2017 were remarkable !

The Corvette plant tour was very informative and impressive and showcased technological efficiencies, assembly excellence and an innovative customer experience option. The customer experience option is very interesting. It is from the plant tour guide that informed me that Corvette's can be purchased locally or can be picked up at the NCM in Bowling Green, Ky. Furthermore, the Corvette customer, and soon to be new owner, can even arrange to work along side with in-house engine assembly masters to hands on build their specific serial number motor for their Corvette. Upon completion of the assembled motor, both the customer's name and engine assembly master's name are engraved in the motor !! No cameras or electronic devices are permitted inside the Corvette Assembly Plant. Here is a photo I took outside the plant immediately after the tour :))

VettesMove_zpsylvcko23.jpg

Here is my brief synopsis on the National Corvette Museum. The NCM is remarkable ! The only 1983 Corvette, Sink Hole simulator, Callaway Corvette display were amazing. All the Corvette's on display or on loan to the museum exemplified the generational evolution of the Corvette beginning from C1 as well as a special historic section for Zora Arkus-Duntov. The six Corvette's that were involved in the sink hole were on display with two of the Corvette's restored. The entire NCM, diner and gift shop made the tour absolutely memorable. Everyone at the NCM was very friendly.

was No Seeing the display, along with their specific descriptions, in person allows me to truly appreciate. the level of detail and uniqueness of each car. It is impossible for me to select a favourite Callaway Corvette - they are all exceptional !!
Here are a few pictures that I took when I was there.
Cheers,
Darcy Bast

Last edited:
Reactions: YFCvii
......I was in the middle of editing my above post to ensure it was well written, grammatically correct and informative. However, unfortunately I was timed out. I now know that editing a post is limited to 25 minutes. Hence, unable to complete my proof reading.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Magnet, just a suggestion but you can do posts in the form of a word document then upload the whole thing. If I had to do more than three lines I would do that so I could take a nap as well.

I always believed it took someone with no imagination if they could not spell a word at least two different ways.:Biggrin:

Good write up, sounds like you really enjoyed the museum. Thanks for sharing the notes and pictures.:Cheers2:

......I was in the middle of editing my above post to ensure it was well written, grammatically correct and informative. However, unfortunately I was timed out. I now know that editing a post is limited to 25 minutes. Hence, unable to complete my proof reading.

When you log in Magnet you can also click in the 'Stay Logged In' box, bottom right of the log in window... :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread