Case75

High RPM Poster
2 You're 10
Jul 6, 2012
Earth
VetteCoins
Car
none right now.
I recently purchased a really good Corvette book about the original St Louis production plant..."Birthplace of Legends by Peter Licastro". The book has been out of print for about 20 years but I managed to find a copy in excellent condition through Barnes and Noble in the US.

The book details the method in which the cars were produced from 1954 until July of 1981 when production was shut down. It has some interesting tales from the production line along with old pictures and such. A great book for C1 to C3 enthusiasts. I have Peter's other book "The original 1973-1977 Corvette fact manual" and it is also a very well written piece; it is still in print.

If you get a chance, buy both books. You won't be disappointed.

I recently purchased a really good Corvette book about the original St Louis production plant..."Birthplace of Legends by Peter Licastro". The book has been out of print for about 20 years but I managed to find a copy in excellent condition through Barnes and Noble in the US.

The book details the method in which the cars were produced from 1954 until July of 1981 when production was shut down. It has some interesting tales from the production line along with old pictures and such. A great book for C1 to C3 enthusiasts. I have Peter's other book "The original 1973-1977 Corvette fact manual" and it is also a very well written piece; it is still in print.

If you get a chance, buy both books. You won't be disappointed.

sounds like a good read greg, nostalgia stuff is always entertaining. :D

There's one story of a'72 Vette getting a unique paint job. The cars were painted by two workers as a team, each painting one side of the car. One worker went for a break and while he was gone, the replacement changed the hoses to a different colour. Unfortunately, he was colour blind and the car got painted half blue and half green. The next day, he was assigned to the primer line.

Hi Greg.. If this book is any good it must have pictures!! I like pictures..!!
I'm no good at remembering titles but I do good with pics. lol

I think I found a picture....

I'll look for this...It sounds very interesting...

two other titles I have read about Corvettes are:

Corvette: America's Star-Spangled Sports Car : The Complete History

About the early years of Corvette racing.

and

All Corvettes Are Red...

About the creation of the new '93 er...'95...er '97 Corvette C5.
The innerworkings of GM during the design of the C5 Vette.

I hope I'm not hi-jacking your thread.
Maybe we need a book section??

graham

Last edited:
Hi Greg.. If this book is any good it must have pictures!! I like pictures..!!
I'm no good at remembering titles but I do good with pics. lol

I think I found a picture....

I'll look for this...It sounds very interesting...

two other titles I have read about Corvettes are:

Corvette: America's Star-Spangled Sports Car : The Complete History

About the early years of Corvette racing.

and

All Corvettes Are Red...

About the creation of the new '93 er...'95...er '97 Corvette C5.
The innerworkings of GM during the design of the C5 Vette.

I hope I'm not hi-jacking your thread.
Maybe we need a book section??

graham

No hi-jacking at all Graham. A book sticky may be a good idea.

Peter's book does have some good pictures. There are quite a few of the last St Louis C3 as it made it's way down the line. And yes, that is the cover of the book I'm talking about.

I'll keep an eye out for the books you mentioned.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread