Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
We lived in Mississauga from 1977 to 2007 then moved to the wilderness of Haliburton, Ontario. Used to love Halloween Night in the city, little kids came early the attitude kids came latter, all fun. We managed to decorate the house with death and destruction to the enjoyment of the kids and parents. However in the 15 years we have lived here not one kid. Oh we bought candy then ate it all so good they never showed up!! Miss the night.

Is Halloween a big deal where you live. We still hold out some hope someone will come but it will probably be lights out at 6 or so. Happy Halloween all.

dog-wearing-a-ghost-costume-sitting-between-pumpkins-for-halloween-in-autumn-background-genera...jpg
istockphoto-862395764-612x612.jpg

I used to hang black thread from the porch overhang. Low enough to get adults, but not the children. I just loved watching the parents scream when they felt the spider webs.
Here in the boonies we got nothin

Nope, not a big deal here. The last few H'weens I have the candy ready and barely any kids show up.

I've considered not getting any candy but probably not a good idea to have nothing so I always get some stuff that I like and if I don't hand out a lot I have chocolates to chomp on days after.

This time of year love watching horror flicks..............a few days ago I rewatched Exorcist from 73 before watching the new one Exorcist Believer and I just finished watching Saw X. Pretty good and gory.

It is big in my neighbourhood. Parents drive their little creatures here for the evening. We are further back from the road so we don't quite get the same numbers but we will still be close to 200 by the time the evening is over. There have been a couple of years where I have had to make an emergency dash for more. Our delivery is not at the door but from our deck. We have a shute guarded by a large spider and a howler of a dog. Last year the treats landed in a cauldron, down in the driveway, with smoke from under it and lights making it look like a fire. Of course we have the usual black lights around and some "floating " candles and other odds and ends. The best fun is setting it all up.

We rarely get more than a dozen or so kids, but we stock lots of treats anyway, just in case. There just aren't enough school aged kids nearby, i guess. Its always hit and miss. When it's over, we create little gift bags of loot, and drop them off at the neighbors that do have kids, in case they couldn't get out, or just missed our place.

We get anywhere from 0 to the record of 6 kids. Last few years it's usually maybe 2 kids from one of our neighbours but they are getting older so not expecting much. We still decorate and have candy at the ready. Brenda also usually makes popcorn caramel balls too which are always a hit.....with me.... lol... I line our walkway to the door with sunbleached cow skulls and we have lit up skulls and skeletons in the windows and in the house. We both dress up too. Sometimes dress up for for nobody but I think this year we are going to invite a few neighbours over for drinks and tell them they have to dress the part if they want drinks and a popcorn ball.

We get anywhere from 0 to the record of 6 kids. Last few years it's usually maybe 2 kids from one of our neighbours but they are getting older so not expecting much. We still decorate and have candy at the ready. Brenda also usually makes popcorn caramel balls too which are always a hit.....with me.... lol... I line our walkway to the door with sunbleached cow skulls and we have lit up skulls and skeletons in the windows and in the house. We both dress up too. Sometimes dress up for for nobody but I think this year we are going to invite a few neighbours over for drinks and tell them they have to dress the part if they want drinks and a popcorn ball.
Where do you live where there is no kids?

It is big in my neighbourhood. Parents drive their little creatures here for the evening. We are further back from the road so we don't quite get the same numbers but we will still be close to 200 by the time the evening is over. There have been a couple of years where I have had to make an emergency dash for more. Our delivery is not at the door but from our deck. We have a shute guarded by a large spider and a howler of a dog. Last year the treats landed in a cauldron, down in the driveway, with smoke from under it and lights making it look like a fire. Of course we have the usual black lights around and some "floating " candles and other odds and ends. The best fun is setting it all up.
That sounds amazing! If we we closer, I'd even stop by for that :)

Ya, I'm on a rather busy street with no sidewalks and well away from town. Folks in rural areas generally have parties in town or drop their kids off in town so they can steal er I mean get candy from total strangers. ;)

I have a farm 20 km from the nearest city. Not much for children near me. A few acreage people but I think most take their kids into town for the organized Halloween parties or the neighborhoods where they know people.
With less then 5 children coming to your door maybe $5.00 would do for all their efford coming.

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Not big on decorating as I don’t have the time or energy but do enjoy giving out candy. We get about 100 kiddos or so if the weather is nice.
Here in the North we give out hot drinks and hand warmers. Of course we tell the kids not to eat them.
IMG_1264.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.