Oct 19, 2017
VetteCoins
Went for lunch in merritt for the first insured day of the year. On the way back on the coquihalla 5 hwy my tire picked up a 6 inch t bolt. Went through tire and wheel, and spat into my wheel well. Has this every happened to anyone? Any luck getting an insurance claim out of it? Nobody willing to cover it. $1114 for the wheel, $811 for tire, and $113 for the fender liner. 10 days backorder from Cincinnati. Not a good start to the season!

ouch , that hurt. I can't see why insurance would not cover that , but maybe your prov / state has different rules . I had a similar thing picked up the adjuster bolt from a semi air pot and it went into a 10:00 x 20 in my tandem .

I actually praised the run flats at this point drove home 40km on no air. Didnt even see the hole in rim til I was cleaning the rim. Had the tire ordered for Tuesday, now have to wait another week. Icbc saying because I ran over it it's not covered. Flying objects are covered. I'm gonna argue more and say it had to be flying to go straight into tire. They dont just stand up on the hwy. This is mostly just a vent post 😂

Went for lunch in merritt for the first insured day of the year. On the way back on the coquihalla 5 hwy my tire picked up a 6 inch t bolt. Went through tire and wheel, and spat into my wheel well. Has this every happened to anyone? Any luck getting an insurance claim out of it? Nobody willing to cover it. $1114 for the wheel, $811 for tire, and $113 for the fender liner. 10 days backorder from Cincinnati. Not a good start to the season! View attachment 26073View attachment 26074View attachment 26075View attachment 26076

Nasty one Carbon. Sorry you had some bad luck. I can't see any reason why insurance won't cover this though.

Reactions: 2018carbonz06
Nasty one Carbon. Sorry you had some bad luck. I can't see any reason why insurance won't cover this though.

I'm gonna fight it tooth and nail until the end. Filed a complaint with ministry of transportation as a backup claim. It's one of the highest speed limit highways around. Do they just expect you to avoid it and cause a accident if you perhaps happen to see it? The biggest pain is I waited the last 6 months to drive it now got to wait again! 😥

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
I actually praised the run flats at this point drove home 40km on no air. Didnt even see the hole in rim til I was cleaning the rim. Had the tire ordered for Tuesday, now have to wait another week. Icbc saying because I ran over it it's not covered. Flying objects are covered. I'm gonna argue more and say it had to be flying to go straight into tire. They dont just stand up on the hwy. This is mostly just a vent post 😂

Sorry... Forgot about you guys in BC and the infamous ICBC... Your venting is justified...

• Haha
Reactions: 2018carbonz06
Okay... that explains why it probably punctured. When the fronts go over something like a nail or bolt lying on the road, it momentarily sticks and that can begin to make it stand up just in time for the rear tire to meet it!

That's my argument with icbc. They are willing to cover fender well because tire kicked it up which makes it a flying object. So if the front tire kicked it at back it would technically be flying as well. Thank you for helping me find an argument!

Reactions: vintageracer
as it has been explained to me

you saw the bolt as a piece of debris kicked up by the vehicle in front and thought,you missed it with,the,front tire.

as it was in the back and you did not notice it until you got,home and it was stuck on the car it is comprehensive, it was not just run over

did,you tell them you saw something in the air tossed up by the vehicle in front or not

just saying in order to comply with the insurance contract

Jeffy

as it has been explained to me

you saw the bolt as a piece of debris kicked up by the vehicle in front and thought,you missed it with,the,front tire.

as it was in the back and you did not notice it until you got,home and it was stuck on the car it is comprehensive, it was not just run over

did,you tell them you saw something in the air tossed up by the vehicle in front or not

just saying in order to comply with the insurance contract

Jeffy

I didnt see it but I'm arguing it came from my front tire or another passing vehicle to stand it up. I'm gonna keep arguing and hope for the best! They asking managers right now.

In the end icbc covered nothing, spilt milk. Upon replacing fender liner, bolt also pinched transmission cooler line. GM sub'd out mounting the wheel and marked it in 5 places trying to mount it. New wheel is on order. Also marked my decorative garbage wheel in 2 places trying to save the TPMS sensor (it broke) the face was mint besides the bolt hole through the back. I heard about the lawsuit with GM regarding our wheels maybe we will get a recall. Until then I'm back on the road and loving my car again!

Reactions: ddgermann

Sorry... Forgot about you guys in BC and the infamous ICBC... Your venting is justified...

Don’t praise them too much! I hate them!! I just picked up my car from a dealer and they picked up screws in the front and rear tires. Front were brand new and the rear have less than 2000kms on them. I am just beginning the fight with them. This is the 5th and 6th tire that have needed to be replaced due to unrepairable punctures/cuts. These tires are the most puncture prone tires I have ever seen. Couple that with cold cracking and hopping at slow turns I think they are completely unacceptable. Not to mention that most shops can’t install them. I will be pushing for the shop to buy two new Continental tires and I will pay for the other two even though I shouldn’t be paying for anything.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread