Fire22

2 You're 10
Feb 6, 2009
Near Winnipeg
VetteCoins
Car
2001 coupe
I just installed a Blackwing on my 2001 and ran into some fitment problems, here is a link to the posting that I put up on the Manitoba club forum.

edited

Sorry, don't mean to be the thought police but like most forums this practice is not permitted. Perhaps just cut n' paste from the other forum.

Sierra

Where did the link go?

Hi all,

Just trying to keep things in order here. We really want to promote knowledge exchange as much as possible. It will be much easier (and in keeping with forum guideline/rules) to not use other forum links here. Cutting and pasting content with photo links will avoid this.

Thanks for the understanding.

My first post here and I borke the rules, sorry about that!

Here is myBlackwing install.

I had to modify the Blackwing to get it to fit properly in my 01. I removed the stock air box, air bridge and MAF. Since I had the MAF out, I cleaned it with CRC sensor cleaner even though it looked clean. I assembled the air bridge, MAF and Blackwing with the supplied coupler for 01-04 cars. When I put the assembly in the car, the air bridge was about an inch above the radiator cover and wouldn

Excellent article. Speaking of after market intakes, I had issues with installing part of my Vararam. The owner installed the system years before I purchased the car and when I went to clean the filter, a corner was torn.:eek: I called Vararam, and they sent me their updated system. Long story short, I had to wedge my MAF into the top of their box to get my air bridge to sit on the radiator. Not to be a jerk, but I liked hearing that you had problems with the air bridge not sitting on your radiator in your post because I'm glad I'm not the only one that had to deal with that problem; even though we have different products. I can't blame the Vararam because I have an after market MAF:confused: and a carbon fiber air bridge, so I do not know which one was causing the issue.

Last edited:
Excellent article. Speaking of after market intakes, I had issues with installing part of my Vararam. The owner installed the system years before I purchased the car and when I went to clean the filter, a corner was torn.:eek: I called Vararam, and they sent me their updated system. Long story short, I had to wedge my MAF into the top of their box to get my air bridge to sit on the radiator. Not to be a jerk, but I liked hearing that in your post because I'm glad I'm not the only one that had to deal with that problem, even though we have different products. I can't blame the Vararam because I have an after market MAF:confused: and a carbon fiber air bridge, so I do not know which one was causing the issue.

Most CAI's need a little bit of tweeking to fit right . So its not unusual for some triming to have to be done .

[email protected]

I think this one this one fits the 97-00 years like a glove because the MAF fits inside the filter neck with the rubber gasket adapter that comes with unit. Later years use a larger MAF that will not fit in the neck so the 01-04 coupler just butts them together. Anyway I am still happy to have a Blackwing.:)

I think this one this one fits the 97-00 years like a glove because the MAF fits inside the filter neck with the rubber gasket adapter that comes with unit. Later years use a larger MAF that will not fit in the neck so the 01-04 coupler just butts them together. Anyway I am still happy to have a Blackwing.:)

Ahh, I see, I did not realize there were differences between the MAFs. I love learning all this new stuff.

The Blackwing is great but you should get rid of that restrictive stock air bridge to get more air flow... then port the TB...LS6 intake...headers & catback...Heads & Cam...then you'll really feel the difference...lol..once you start it nevers stops!!!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.