I had Competition Gray wheels on my Red C6 and really liked them... It was a choice with my C7 but the black won out... and I'm not sorry for that decision.... but I like chrome as well.... choices, choices...lol....

View attachment 15250

View attachment 15252
I don’t usually like black wheels but they suit that colour with the other black accents! Beautiful

Reactions: lupo and MikeysZ06
I must be old because I love the chrome/polished shiny wheels. :D

How's the car doing with the winter? Any real hang-ups so far or is it pretty much just like summer but with a bit less traction?
The car was absolutely amazing all winter. -30C plus wind chill starts, drove it in blizzard conditions multiple times....unstoppable. There are 4 things I'll note:
1. Get Nokian studded Hakkapeliitta tires or don't bother and fit them to 4 19" x 10" wheels from Z06 Owners website in Cali.
2. Get 285/35/19. The 35 will give you additional clearance and just fit.
3. Two oil pan heaters
4. And sorry manual guys (my Viper, STi, and S2000 are all manuals) but the A8 is the way to go. Just put it in D and let that sucker change the gears. I was absolutely amazed at how it changes gears so fast and maintains grip. You can't possibly achieve the same forward progress in a manual. That thing has gone from 1st to 2nd to 3rd and maintained about 1500 rpm. It knows the sweet spot for grip and just keeps the torque etc right there as you accelerate swapping gears seamlessly. On snow and ice it is brilliant. I never thought I'd be singing the praises of an auto, but in low grip conditions there's no comparison.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.