Congrats Ken on a fine turnout and everyone for what looks like a great time! Based on the cruises we've had this year we are onto something! looking forward to next year and more cruising!

Reactions: Baby Ray
049D1ADB-A706-418C-AE9F-D98928BCF43A.jpeg
We are getting some great fall weather!

Hearing Marno wants to do another one next weekend LOL

B
With the weekend shaping up to be pretty nice,some of you should venture down here for a Sunday fall Hwy 40 cruise or a day in Banff. Just putting it out there. Roads will be snow free and there might still be some leaves on the trees too. I have a co-pilot beginning Thursday and she wants to go. We’re off to Banff for sure Sunday as a stop at “The spirit of Christmas” is on her list,as is a stop for Beavertails Poutine.

Last edited:
View attachment 12214
With the weekend shaping up to be pretty nice,some of you should venture down here for a Sunday fall Hwy 40 cruise or a day in Banff. Just putting it out there. Roads will be snow free and there might still be some leaves on the trees too. I have a co-pilot beginning Thursday and she wants to go. We’re off to Banff for sure Sunday as a stop at “The spirit of Christmas” is on her list,as is a stop for Beavertails Poutine.

My thinking cap is on for this idea...... but with my daily driver if I do...

Any cruises by Farmers fields ... na... don't care for those....... but in the mountains .... yes. :)

I already have plans for Sunday but will try change part of them.. a friend needs help ... just asked if we could maybe do it tomorrow night.

B

A little show from...
iOS Image - 293898578.png iOS Image - 3135159844.png
as super cool as this is ... with intent of respect to the "Driver/Owner"
... in general, would a Devil's Advocate wonder ...

Would the people in this Town have taken this badly and would it reflect
on the CCF (as a whole) and its Cruisers (Alberta) in a negative way?

Even though this may be accepted as a norm ... we all get painted with the same brush ...
I also realize that a majority of CCF may be absolutely OK with this and that it's an individual's choice ...
However, I think it's thought provoking and worthy of mentioning for when we are together as a group.

(I'd hate for anyone to lose interest in joining CCF Cruises if they think they would be obliged)
(this also exemplifies in the discussion of CCF localized cruisers names being able to distract from being a reflection of CCF as a whole)

Last edited:

Even though this may be accepted as a norm ... we all get painted with the same brush ...
I also realize that a majority of CCF may be absolutely OK with this and that it's an individual's choice ...
However, I think it's thought provoking and worthy of mentioning for when we are together as a group.

(I'd hate for anyone to lose interest in joining CCF Cruises if they think they would be obliged)
I hear you guys completely. I was quite worried about that last year. It was told to do so down the street across from the arena. As for about 6-8 of them( 1 Corvette. 5-7 Camaro’s). They did not listen very well.
As for Harry ( well known local) that said it was all good for it. As well as other locals. Strange eh.
I told Harry that the group we had in September we’re not those types to do so. That most of us were well respected individuals. There’s a time and a place for that too happen.
The biggest thing was not to have anyone post on YouTube with the towns name on it. No need to encourage other car clubs to do the same there.
The positive sign is that Harry says we are always welcome back anytime.

(this also exemplifies in the discussion of CCF localized cruisers names being able to distract from being a reflection of CCF as a whole)

As cool as burnouts are, and I love them also, I personally do not think doing them in a small town on main street is the right place. There is a time and a place to do this discretely if you must get it out of your system. I must agree with Spence on this one. We do not want to be known as "those guy's" when we cruise through the small towns in the future. I can only imagine what the elderly people of that nice quiet town must be thinking and saying. I believe some restraint must be had when driving our horsepower beasts. OMG, I think I am starting to sound like our parents, scary! On that note, go find a nice empty secondary highway and have fun. Cheers!

Glad we don't drive Mustangs... we might take out the town folk :)

Sometimes burns outs go well, sometimes they don't

All depends on the odd person who gets upset.... seems like things were ok.

B
I talked to Harry the next day. I ask him if anyone got upset about any of it. He says most locals were had a great time watching the event. And claims all is good. I said the last thing I dont want to see is a don't want in our town picture of us posted everywhere. He said not a chance. Like Ziggy said, it can be done one a quiet road elsewhere, not on main street.

my take for what it is worth and since you did not pay for this opinion it is indeed worth nothing BUT

1. town officials gave them permission and had radios for safety

there was a cop or sheriff who held me on the sidewalk ask for pics but he was new on the job

2. please post the video on me with no names going south when I had trouble on purpose with the traction control

it is indicative of the power these cars have,

3. the others were indeed photoshopped so there

later STIG EH

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.