Sep 19, 2017
Ayr Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2010 Coupe M6 Blade
First let me say I attempted to resolve this issue directly with Corvette Depot but they have not responded. I purchased a cosmetic piece for my engine compartment which arrived in a damaged condition. I contacted them immediately it took several people and phone calls ,including pics, for them to admit the part was damaged and not acceptable. They sent me a RMA and told me they would refund my payment. They refunded the payment less the approx 35.00 shipping fee. I don’t think this is acceptable as I am now out the funds with nothing to show for it. I suggest that is you choose to order from this company you closely review their shipping policies and the possible 30% restocking charges for returning items. The case of a damaged item shipped to you is not even addressed in the policy. They did pay for shipping the defective part back.

Sucks to hear Kevin. I just checked as I have stuff coming from 3 corvette places now and so far only 1 nightmare going on... although none of them live up the the 3-4 weeks shipping statements for carbon fibre parts.
My shipping was almost $600 from one of them and one of the parts they sent me is for the Stingray not Z06.
Upon notification by an email they sent me a back ordered notice 3 days later. No other follow up. Total crap service.

Never dealt with Corvette depot but with respect you are wrong

you mentioned they paid for the return shipping good,

it would appear that the business did not cause the damage but it was in shipping correct

then it follows that the shipping costs should be borne by you

customer pays for shipping or it is added into the price paid, period

if the shipper. Canada post ups and so on damage the product then the customer should have to deal with them

Not very many businesses I deal with would ever guarantee you get the stuff in one piece intact and no damage

almost all warranty is for defects in manufacturing and not courier field goal competition

shipping is always a problem, even when the clerk hands it to me over the counter. Jeff

Never dealt with Corvette depot but with respect you are wrong

you mentioned they paid for the return shipping good,

it would appear that the business did not cause the damage but it was in shipping correct

then it follows that the shipping costs should be borne by you

customer pays for shipping or it is added into the price paid, period

if the shipper. Canada post ups and so on damage the product then the customer should have to deal with them

Not very many businesses I deal with would ever guarantee you get the stuff in one piece intact and no damage

almost all warranty is for defects in manufacturing and not courier field goal competition

shipping is always a problem, even when the clerk hands it to me over the counter. Jeff

Sorry Jeff but every major online seller is now covering shipping problems. Customers are never asked to open claims with the shipping co. Amazon, bestbuy, staples etc are all doing this. If it arrives damaged they will send you a replacement, typically no questions asked or fully refund you. Now Corvette Depot is obviously not of the same caliber as the above in terms of size but the norm and perception with customers is a lot different now than it was before (love them or hate them thanks to Amazon largely).

Having sold stuff on Amazon a while back I'm fully aware of the hardships this causes sellers but a lot do get by.

Reactions: vintageracer
There was no evidence of damage to the packaging. It was damaged prior to shipping. Jeff it is called good customer service and goodwill .....which I can assure you does not exist on my part now. Also it is not about financial lost which is minimum in this case. It is about integrity! I paid in good faith and I expect to be treated with respect and professionalism and receive my product in perfect condition. Is that too much to ask?

Not wanting to put salt in the wound but what efforts have you made to give the shipping company a blast. Jeff

Jeff first....there was no evidence of shipping damage. The damage on the part was not even visible until the plastic protection wrap was peeled off. I am not the shipping companies customer. Corvette Depot is! My responsiblity is to report the damage to the vendor.

Reactions: vintageracer
Interesting the goods were damaged AS shipped, that makes a difference

what I am referring to is with say Canada Post the buyer in my industry apys for shipping and INSURANCE only if they want and it is shipped by thousands of hobbyists across Canada at the buyers risk 100%

but if the product is defective thenI am with you guys

Jeff

Gotta agree with Nik and Kevin here Jeff. It isn't the customer who chooses the shipping company... it's Corvette depot. In my opinion, they are responsible until I sign for it and it's in my hands. And God forbid anyone to trust Canada Post to ship anything more fragile than a roll of toilet paper. JMO. Last parcel I got fro Corvette Depot was two hats and they shipped UPS at that time.

A couple of years ago I received set of interior trim pieces that didn't fit properly, Corvette Depot exchanged them quickly and for free, including return shipping. Sometimes it may be who handles the claim and not necessarily the companies policy, can be true at times no matter which place we deal with.

I clearly do understand your points @Jeffer2013 .
I also realize this appears to be damaged product being shipped.
Been there countless times and I’ve had to challenge UPS (Brown Truck) too often
with damaged packages (taking great patience and absorbing of frustration).
I’ve also had damaged products shipped ... obviously by people working for companies that do not care at all about who ultimately puts food on their family table. Resulting in time well wasted with stress for the customer hoping that an undamaged part can eventually arrive.
I have pretty much wiped a couple of aftermarket Corvette Suppliers off my list
even though their “candy” is sooooo appetizing.
Empathizing with you and very appreciative of making us aware by sharing the experience.
It shows well on you as a real good person. :thumbs:

Last edited:
On line shopping just isn't worth it to me. I sent an original 4346 Holley to a US restorer for full restoration, not a cheap venture. When I got it back, it had clearly been out of the box, which had ample protection, and dropped breaking off one of the fuel bowl air vents. Might have been taken out at customs. Talking to the post office people was like talking to a wall. I sent it back to the restorer who would have repaired it free of charge. I ate the cost myself. Any more, if I want something, I will go to the retailer and buy it there. At least I know what I am getting. Too old for all the BS and poor service.

I do see your point clearly Jeff.
I also realize this appears to be damaged product being shipped.
Been there so many times.and I’ve had to challenge UPS (Brown Truck) so many times with damaged packages with great patience and frustration.
I’ve aldo had damaged product shipped ... obviously by people working for companies that do not care at all about who ultimately puts food on their family table. Only resulting in time well wasted with stress and hope that an undamaged part can arrive.
I have pretty much wiped a couple of aftermarket Corvette Suppliers off my list even though their “candy” is sooooo appetizing.
Empathizing with you and very appreciative of making us aware by sharing the experience. It shows well on you as a real good person.

Thanks!

Reactions: prosoft
I have the same problem with them I purchased a transmission pan from them and I received a used one with scuff marks and badly chipped chrome and they will say anything to make you feel like your wrong and they are right. they don’t care about their customers and they are not the type of company that will bend over for you. we are just a number and they toss us out like a piece of garbage..

I have the same problem with them I purchased a transmission pan from them and I received a used one with scuff marks and badly chipped chrome and they will say anything to make you feel like your wrong and they are right. they don’t care about their customers and they are not the type of company that will bend over for you. we are just a number and they toss us out like a piece of garbage..

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with them. Lodging a PayPal complaint, if used, or Credit Card dispute, product not as advertised, might focus them on resolving the issue.

Good luck

Hello Kevin, not that this will help but I no longer deal with them for some of the very same reasons while I was trying to get my Vette back on the road, paid up front for a complete brake package and they never did send it, took forever to get my money back ( kept making excuses asking me to wait trying to sell me something I didn't want ) whole process took almost 8 months to resolve. Found them completely unreliable and took my business elsewhere.

Reactions: KevinB
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.