Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
@Rruuff Day @N20Vette @ddgermann @SN-III @Z16Jim

We have another feature that I totally forgot to ask for some feedback on.

Feature Name: Promote to Article
What does it do: Allows you to promote a thread to the Home page of the forum. Click on the Home Link in the navigation bar (or go here: Corvette Featured Articles) to see the page I'm talking about
Why: This aims to bring a friendlier home page to our CCF forums. Popular threads or hot topics would be ideal candidates for promotion. Note we don't want to see every thread there hence this is manual.
How: As per screencap below go into a popular thread and hit the contextual ... drop down button, you should see a Promote to Article option, select it. The next screen will present you with a few more options that you can set for example the featured article image/icon (you can select none, your avatar or for threads whose first post has embedded images you can select the actual image). There are options also to categorize and set custom Except Text. Don't worry you can always go back and edit your feature (simply go back to the thread and select Edit Article from same dropdown).

featured-article.png

More options:
You can optionally sticky the article, future date it or exclude from index but I would leave these options defaulted.

feature-article2.png

Once you save this window you can go straight to the home page to view it. Please be aware that we are date sorting the articles on the home page.

Users who are viewing this thread