I have never purchased a charger for winter before. Any recommendations on which one to purchase for my c8? I am not sure what to look for in any specifics.

Thanks!
For starters, you don't want a "trickle" charger. You want an automatic battery maintainer (tender). Buy a decent brand (google reviews). A maintainer has a float switch that only charges when the battery voltage drops a bit and then shuts off when the battery reaches full charge. I have several of them on all my vehicles and farm vehicles and it's surprising how muc longer they extend battery life as well as having a full charge when you want to start a vehicle..

And further to that, if you click on the lttle magnifying 🔍 glass top right of the window, type in battery tender maintainer, you will be able to spend countless hours seeing what other members say and use....

Reactions: 1st Vette
I have never purchased a charger for winter before. Any recommendations on which one to purchase for my c8? I am not sure what to look for in any specifics.

Thanks!
I have used these for years. Works well and is very reasonably priced.

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Yup. You can spend a ton of cash on ones that will wipe your .....if you like but there are lots out there that work great. All of mine are different and they have all been working fine for many years and I didn't break the bank on any of them. The more functions and gimmicks they have the more likely to break down....

Yup. You can spend a ton of cash on ones that will wipe your .....if you like but there are lots out there that work great. All of mine are different and they have all been working fine for many years and I didn't break the bank on any of them. The more functions and gimmicks they have the more likely to break down....
I have had this one in my Truck for 14 years through long cold winters and it still works like a charm. One of the best things I’ve ever purchased for my truck. With a battery blanket it’s all good. That and a block heater of course. This one is for 12 v only. About $80.00 .
IMG_3151.jpeg

Last edited:
Yup. You can spend a ton of cash on ones that will wipe your .....if you like but there are lots out there that work great
And you can spend tons of cash on the identical Ctek that has the Corvette logo on it. You pay double for the logo

And you can spend tons of cash on the identical Ctek that has the Corvette logo on it. You pay double for the logo
I ordered the one with the logo when I ordered my car . Probably doesn’t work any better than my “ Battery Tender “ one I’ve had for years . Battery Tender- $80.00 , GM logo one - $115.00 on “ build and price “ . Just saw one on sale from a third party seller for $169.00 marked down from $220.00 USD !

Last edited:
Reactions: Murray20c8
I ordered the one with the logo when I ordered my car . Probably doesn’t work any better than my “ Battery Tender “ one I’ve had for years . Battery Tender- $80.00 , GM logo one - $115.00 on “ build and price “ . Just saw one on sale from a third party seller for $169.00 marked down from $220.00 USD !
I have the Corvette charger, works well, used for 4 years

If you want the one that comes with the car if you had ordered the Battery Protection Package so you can simply plug it into your frunk socket and you if would like to support one of our sponsors which would be appreciated:
Free shipping included.

• Informative