I wonder if they make it in a 245/45. The 245/40's are an inch less in height, or will the 1" make that much of a difference?

I do not think a 40 series is an INCH less than a 45 series tire.
40% of 245 = 98cm
45% of 245 = 110.25
Difference would be 12.25”. 1/2”.

I see they also offer 245/45-17 ECS.

I am installing 275/40R17 & 295/35R18s ECS on my 2003 Vert.
But I am using wider Z06 wheels.
Graham

I usually check the PMC TIRE site for size availability... hoping that they are up-to-date,!

Reactions: OL Yeller
Your tire guy should be able to chart out differing tire sizes with the same circumference (or close enough that it won't make squat for difference. They did it this winter for me on my daily to get a more aggressive tread design...

• Agree
Got my tires in yesterday. CONTINENTAL Extreme Contact Sports for my C5.
Today I registered them on-line and you get a 3year roadside assistance.
And I also applied for the Spring promotion $100 rebate.
570CFA7C-E32B-48AE-B7AF-4A7F2F72952D.jpeg

A 4’ stack of rubber.

Graham

Here's my update guys.
I've been driving with the balance beads in the 225-75R-15 Coker American Classic radials and they are far better than the other tires that had balancing weights but still not good enough. I have little or no shaking up to 100 klms/hr and that's a huge improvement right there. And at 100 klms/hr I do get some out of balance. The out of balance seems to increase over 100 klms/hr with acceleration and then pretty much balances when I let off the gas or slow up gradually.
I'm still not satisfied so I'll be switching to the weights for balance. I want a smooth ride.

Michelin Pilot put 40000km still good for another 10000 to15000 on back 20000 and more on front sold car now have another 1996 LT4 with new Continentals ... will see how they work. Was very happy with those Pilots never had to re-balance. From what I see these Continentals on the LT4 seem fine were on car when I bought it. I have put about 6000km on this car so far

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.