bigtee95vette

I'm New Here
2 You're 10
Jun 13, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1995 LT1 Convertible
Hi all, I'm planning on replacing both front and back tires on my 1995 C4 convertible. any feed back on tire brands would be appreciated. I don't drive it on a track.
It's just a weekend car.

We had a 1996 Collector and back in 2012 purchased the Continental ExtremeContact DW for front and back. At the time there were favorable exchange rates and purchased them from Tire Rack. I was very pleased with the tires on the road and even a few times on the track. Very quiet and the wear was very acceptable. Not sure if they still make the sizes you need, but it is a solid thumbs up for me.

I only drove my 93 Black Rosie twice since I bought it last October, but it come with brand new tires on it, Continental Extreme Contact Sport . made about 500 km only , all I can say is that they are very quiet . I never had tires like this so can't evaluate them as far as traction, tread life etc. I have BF Goodrich Radial T/A's on my other Vette and all other cars I own. I miss the white letters but I will maybe fix that yet. 255/45 and 285/40 x 17's

IM003653.JPG

IM003654.JPG

IM003659.JPG

IM003657.JPG

IM003655.JPG

IM003656.JPG

Last edited:
I’m really tired of tires. My Berlina came with the original 1-1/2” wide white walls.
They passed the safety check twice and less than 15,000 miles
Since last July I have gone through a total since 20 tires
I bought 4 and a spare from a shop in Edmonton, they shipped m too their Red Deer store and installed them. In 5 days the white walls turned a grey so the took m back and refunded my costs. One of the bead breaking plates went in too far and damaged he wire wheel spoke sealant to run tubless spokes.
Meanwhile the car is sitting on jack stands and waiting for the BFGoodrich Silvertown radials to be delivered.
A friend had them installed for me while I was away on Holliday in Ontario. Two of them had black flaws in the white walls so the manufacturer sent replacements.
But I couldn’t get these tires to balance even after using the wire wheel truing adapter I had to make along with the Hunter Gsp 9700 Roadforce balancer and pin adapter for the lug mount set up.
My rims were checked for lateral and radial run out and are well within the industry standards.
So after much ado I was shipped 4 American Classic wide white wall tires and one of them had a huge black flaw in the white wall and had to be replaced.
That’s a total of TWENTY TIRES.
I have the America Classic tires now installed and I went with the balancing beads because I have them sitting in the roll cabinet and I’m so sick and tired (or is that tired lol) of the trouble to get balanced.
Hopefully they are all balanced on my incoming test ride.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
I’m really tired of tires. My Berlina came with the original 1-1/2” wide white walls.
They passed the safety check twice and less than 15,000 miles
Since last July I have gone through a total since 20 tires
I bought 4 and a spare from a shop in Edmonton, they shipped m too their Red Deer store and installed them. In 5 days the white walls turned a grey so the took m back and refunded my costs. One of the bead breaking plates went in too far and damaged he wire wheel spoke sealant to run tubless spokes.
Meanwhile the car is sitting on jack stands and waiting for the BFGoodrich Silvertown radials to be delivered.
A friend had them installed for me while I was away on Holliday in Ontario. Two of them had black flaws in the white walls so the manufacturer sent replacements.
But I couldn’t get these tires to balance even after using the wire wheel truing adapter I had to make along with the Hunter Gsp 9700 Roadforce balancer and pin adapter for the lug mount set up.
My rims were checked for lateral and radial run out and are well within the industry standards.
So after much ado I was shipped 4 American Classic wide white wall tires and one of them had a huge black flaw in the white wall and had to be replaced.
That’s a total of TWENTY TIRES.
I have the America Classic tires now installed and I went with the balancing beads because I have them sitting in the roll cabinet and I’m so sick and tired (or is that tired lol) of the trouble to get balanced.
Hopefully they are all balanced on my incoming test ride.

WOW. What a nightmare. I can see why you’re tired of tires.

I use the beads on 40” Toyo MTs and they work remarkably well. So for more normal sized tires I think you will be happy.

Reactions: charliebates
Hi all, I'm planning on replacing both front and back tires on my 1995 C4 convertible. any feed back on tire brands would be appreciated. I don't drive it on a track.
It's just a weekend car.
It's just a weekend car.
Put Nittos on our 93 coupe last week. 200 miles so far and having fun.20190406_194207.jpg

I just tried to get a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. The guy called michelin and found out they are discontinued and there is no replacement for them.
Cont, DSW, same thing and he cant get the bridgestone Potenzas RE050 either...any suggestions for front tires for a C5?

Something just doesn't sound right as they just released the PS A3+ not that long ago. 2016 in the states I think, and the GS/Z06 sizes not until last September.... Was it maybe just the size you wanted that he couldn't get? Someone ought to be able to find you tires.

Something just doesn't sound right as they just released the PS A3+ not that long ago. 2016 in the states I think, and the GS/Z06 sizes not until last September.... Was it maybe just the size you wanted that he couldn't get? Someone ought to be able to find you tires.
Maybe the issue is the size, 245/45 ZR 17 99Y. Maybe they are available in Non-runflat. I dont know :confused:

I just tried to get a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. The guy called michelin and found out they are discontinued ttand there is no replacement for them.
Cont, DSW, same thing and he cant get the bridgestone Potenzas RE050 either...any suggestions for front tires for a C5?

I bought a set of Nitto NT05 for my summer tires, I love them but, they don't stick well though when the pavement temp is below 50° F. I had a hard time finding 17" tires, Nitto & Bridgestone Potenza's were all I could find here in the States .Good Luck in your search.

Last edited:
I bought a set of Nitto NT05 for my summer tires, I love them but, they don't stick well though when the pavement temp is below 50° F. I had a hard time finding 17" tires, Nitto & Bridgestone Potenza's were all I could find here in the States .Good Luck in your search.
LOL i guess i'll have to find a different set, if it won't stick below 50 i won't get much seat time...probally a month or 2.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.