Dec 28, 2013
Newfoundland
VetteCoins
Car
2014 z51
Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I just bought a 2006 c6 I'm planning on putting a Maggie mp-112 on it with a set of kooks long tube headers. Any idea where the best place in Canada is to buy it. I'm also installing the l88 style hood from slp. The car already has a corsa exhaust. Thanks guys.

If it were me I'd talk to Manny at Dasilva Motorsports.
Why?
It's more than a supercharger, it's a complete system which usually requires more parts ( and cash) new rad? Meth? Type of supercharger? Level of boost? Tune?
To work well it needs to be a well done integrated system without any weak links.

For what it's worth that's my opinion. Now if you want to stick something on your car I'm your man :)

Good luck with the mods.

Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I just bought a 2006 c6 I'm planning on putting a Maggie mp-112 on it with a set of kooks long tube headers. Any idea where the best place in Canada is to buy it. I'm also installing the l88 style hood from slp. The car already has a corsa exhaust. Thanks guys.

If you want to deal with the best and most reputable shop around , Dasilva Motorsports is the shop . We have cars shipped in from all across Canada and the USA for our unmatched service and attention to detail .

Superchargers are our specialty and our builds are some of the fastest and most reliable around .

We have pick up service with a fully insured and enclosed car carrier even to Newfoundland :canada:

Check out the others then come to the best :D

I guess I'm from the old school . I would install an Edelbrock Supercharger .Forget the headers , go back to the by -level exhaust . (The drown with what you have is cruel . Left the stock hood ,go with the Edelbrock ,set-up you don't have to change your hood ,
EDELBROCK E-FORCE SUPERCHARGER STREET LEGAL KITS FOR 2005-12 C6 CORVETTE
E-Force Supercharger systems are designed to boost your performance to 554 flywheel horsepower and 515 ft./lbs. of torque (with stock fuel pump) or 599 flywheel horsepower and 547 ft./lbs. of torque (includes high volume fuel pump). A unique feature of this systems is the 12" long intake runners that allow for maximum low end torque. An optional Edelbrock supplemental warranty, 3 years or 36,000 miles for 2005-06 models and 5 year or 100,000 miles for 2007-12 models is designed to give you piece of mind when installing it on a brand new car. Plus, this kit fits under the stock hood with no modifications without sacrificing runner length or intercooler area. Systems #1590 and #1591 can not be installed on Z06 or ZR1 models. (Systems #1574 and #1575 are for use with 2010-11 Corvette Grand Sport models equipped with a dry sump oil system.)

Believe me , you won't need any more power than that , You don't even have to cut a wire .everything is plug and play .Being in Newfoundland . your pretty limited on knowledge on these cars . I know there are form members here in Ontario that sell and install supercharger , But to ship your car to and from would be more than the purchase price , and what about if you have a problem ?
I'm not a dealer for Edelbrock , for me it was the best .with the least amount of problems .With you put the system on , car looks completely stock .
remember '' Walk Softly And Carry A Big Stick .

Other members have shipped their rides by rail to Manny's at a reasonable cost or there is always a road trip to Ontario.

I've also read really good things about the East Coast Superchargers (ECS).

Rated very highly and what I and a few others here have on their cars.

C.

I guess I'm from the old school . I would install an Edelbrock Supercharger .Forget the headers , go back to the by -level exhaust . (The drown with what you have is cruel . Left the stock hood ,go with the Edelbrock ,set-up you don't have to change your hood ,
EDELBROCK E-FORCE SUPERCHARGER STREET LEGAL KITS FOR 2005-12 C6 CORVETTE
E-Force Supercharger systems are designed to boost your performance to 554 flywheel horsepower and 515 ft./lbs. of torque (with stock fuel pump) or 599 flywheel horsepower and 547 ft./lbs. of torque (includes high volume fuel pump). A unique feature of this systems is the 12" long intake runners that allow for maximum low end torque. An optional Edelbrock supplemental warranty, 3 years or 36,000 miles for 2005-06 models and 5 year or 100,000 miles for 2007-12 models is designed to give you piece of mind when installing it on a brand new car. Plus, this kit fits under the stock hood with no modifications without sacrificing runner length or intercooler area. Systems #1590 and #1591 can not be installed on Z06 or ZR1 models. (Systems #1574 and #1575 are for use with 2010-11 Corvette Grand Sport models equipped with a dry sump oil system.)

Believe me , you won't need any more power than that , You don't even have to cut a wire .everything is plug and play .Being in Newfoundland . your pretty limited on knowledge on these cars . I know there are form members here in Ontario that sell and install supercharger , But to ship your car to and from would be more than the purchase price , and what about if you have a problem ?
I'm not a dealer for Edelbrock , for me it was the best .with the least amount of problems .With you put the system on , car looks completely stock .
remember '' Walk Softly And Carry A Big Stick .

You have to be kidding here "But to ship your car to and from would be more than the purchase price " :rofl:
The Edelbrock charger installed and and tuned is $9995.00 plus tax . It does not cost $10K to ship a car from NL to Ontario . I have cars shipped from Alberta and Saskatchewan for $1200.00 .

I have built many supercharged cars that were shipped in from across Canada and the USA , and they have ZERO issues . If its built right , and we do build them right there is nothing to worry about .

We also have our own enclosed fully insured trailer for pick ups , even in NL :canada:

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with a roots blower if you want all your power down low. Some people love to be able to blow their tires off right from idle. And yes, they seem to be a reliable system, but don't discount the centrifugal blower either.

In my opinion, the LS2/LS3 motors make enough power in the low rpms to blow the tires off in stock form, making the roots blowers a little less "practical". I wanted something that would increase power higher up... a place where I can actually use it and benefit from it.

Manny at Dasilva did an ECS 1500 for me in the spring of 2013 and if I keep the rpms below 3000, the car drives like stock - and mine is an A6 with a 3,000 stall converter and a 3.42 diff. I love how a car with 600 rwhp can be so civilized when I want it to be, and then turn into a monster when I apply some throttle. I would say that 95% of my driving is below that 3,000 rmp power band, but once I get above it, the car pulls like crazy. I don't even think I've tapped into the full potential of my car. If I've opened it up more than half way, I would really be surprised.

Manny has done a ton of out of province cars. I've seen them first-hand.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread