This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Best Mufflers for 88 Vette??

Aug 2, 2010
ancaster, ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1988 coupe
Hi i just ordered FlowMaster 50 series delta flow mufflers, iam excited cant wait to get them , also they clame 15 Hp is this true? also has anyone have or had these mufflers and what was your experience, Likes or Dislikes?? :seeya:

Hi i just ordered FlowMaster 50 series delta flow mufflers, iam excited cant wait to get them , also they clame 15 Hp is this true? also has anyone have or had these mufflers and what was your experience, Likes or Dislikes?? :seeya:

Well if you really want to know , come in for a dyno before the install and then after . That will tell you

I'd be pleasantly shocked if mufflers can deliver that on a c4. My realistic guess would be 5-7 max but that says nothing about how much better it's gonna sound!!!

I hate to say negative comments about anyones car or mods they have done.
Butttt you asked for experiences with the flowmaster mufflers on a C4.

I had them on 1990 Vert C4. They had a great deep sound but the DRONE with the top up was BRUTAL. After about a half hour of driving I couldn't stand it anymore.
Mine was an Automatic, maybe they are different with a six speed I don't know.
A 15 HP gain is a bit lofty. Sure would be interested to know if its true. Take Manny up on his Dyno idea.

I have the Corsas on my C5 and there is no Drone at all.

Once again I don't want deflate your excitement, just giving you my experience with flowmaster mufflers. Hope they work better for you.

THANKS for getting back but these flowmasters are the 3 chamber ones, the 2 chamber ones are much louder with drone, ohh according to corvette central these mufflers can give you up to 30 HP!!! i know it sounds weird and not sure if i believe that but thats what they clame according to flowmaster and CC, but im thinking more like 10HP and thats fine by me...still cant wait..

Not sure about a C4 but I have Magnaflows on my '75 C3 and I get told quite a lot from people that they just love the sound. I like the sound inside as well. Fairly quite when I need to be and a deep, throaty sounding roar when you open it up. Never tried the Flowmasters. Looking forward to your experience with them.

Thats good news about the three chamber mufflers. Hopefully there is no Drone and lots of HP gain.
As I mentioned, I loved the deep rumble sound of the flowmasters on my Vert.
Be sure to post your results when you get them on the car.

I have Series 40's on my Chevelle (I know, not a Corvette, but it does have a V8) and absolutely love them. I get a lot of comments on the sound. At 100 miles to the tank, the car doesn't get much highway time so I can't comment on the drone.

Users who are viewing this thread