Hi i just ordered FlowMaster 50 series delta flow mufflers, iam excited cant wait to get them , also they clame 15 Hp is this true? also has anyone have or had these mufflers and what was your experience, Likes or Dislikes?? :canada::seeya::D

Well if you really want to know , come in for a dyno before the install and then after . That will tell you :D

I hate to say negative comments about anyones car or mods they have done.
Butttt you asked for experiences with the flowmaster mufflers on a C4.

I had them on 1990 Vert C4. They had a great deep sound but the DRONE with the top up was BRUTAL. After about a half hour of driving I couldn't stand it anymore.
Mine was an Automatic, maybe they are different with a six speed I don't know.
A 15 HP gain is a bit lofty. Sure would be interested to know if its true. Take Manny up on his Dyno idea.

I have the Corsas on my C5 and there is no Drone at all.

Once again I don't want deflate your excitement, just giving you my experience with flowmaster mufflers. Hope they work better for you.

THANKS for getting back but these flowmasters are the 3 chamber ones, the 2 chamber ones are much louder with drone, ohh according to corvette central these mufflers can give you up to 30 HP!!! i know it sounds weird and not sure if i believe that but thats what they clame according to flowmaster and CC, but im thinking more like 10HP and thats fine by me...still cant wait..:rofl::driving:

Not sure about a C4 but I have Magnaflows on my '75 C3 and I get told quite a lot from people that they just love the sound. I like the sound inside as well. Fairly quite when I need to be and a deep, throaty sounding roar when you open it up. Never tried the Flowmasters. Looking forward to your experience with them.

THANKS for getting back but these flowmasters are the 3 chamber ones, the 2 chamber ones are much louder with drone, ohh according to corvette central these mufflers can give you up to 30 HP!!! i know it sounds weird and not sure if i believe that but thats what they clame according to flowmaster and CC, but im thinking more like 10HP and thats fine by me...still cant wait..:rofl::driving:

Thats good news about the three chamber mufflers. Hopefully there is no Drone and lots of HP gain.
As I mentioned, I loved the deep rumble sound of the flowmasters on my Vert.
Be sure to post your results when you get them on the car.:canada:

I have Series 40's on my Chevelle (I know, not a Corvette, but it does have a V8) and absolutely love them. I get a lot of comments on the sound. At 100 miles to the tank, the car doesn't get much highway time so I can't comment on the drone.:D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread