Jul 15, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
bmw x5m
Province
BC
I am looking to put a deposit down for a c8 corvette in vancouver area. Just wondering if you guys have any dealership that you recommend in terms of allocation and service.. I am aware of a few dueck dealership around, but from past visits to them I find most of the sales stuff there are youth that's unprofessional. thank you

I am looking to put a deposit down for a c8 corvette in vancouver area. Just wondering if you guys have any dealership that you recommend in terms of allocation and service.. I am aware of a few dueck dealership around, but from past visits to them I find most of the sales stuff there are youth that's unprofessional. thank you
My experience with Northshore Carter was excellent ask for Nino !

I put a deposit down with Dueck Richmond July 2019. Never heard a thing from them, never took my order; I put an order in with Kelowna Chev in March. Waited until April for Dueck to call at least, finally gave up on them and got my deposit back. Obviously they didnt have the allocations but a little communication would have been appreciated.

It's like trying to buy real estate in Vancouver, anything you can close on is a good deal, lol.

I put a deposit down with Dueck Richmond July 2019. Never heard a thing from them, never took my order; I put an order in with Kelowna Chev in March. Waited until April for Dueck to call at least, finally gave up on them and got my deposit back. Obviously they didnt have the allocations but a little communication would have been appreciated.
That's annoying when dealerships sell a reservation not in their allocation, just what they presume their allocation to be, or beyond their allocation for the year so you get rolled forward into the following year. I'm surprised they're even allowed to do this both by the manufacturer and provincial regulator.

I hope you can find something. On one hand I wonder if 2021s will be hard to get or there'll be opportunities, with 2020 production limits rolling people forward into 2021, but then also people might get impatient and move on, and other may have second thoughts or financial changes with COVID so cancel their orders?

It's like trying to buy real estate in Vancouver, anything you can close on is a good deal, lol.

That's annoying when dealerships sell a reservation not in their allocation, just what they presume their allocation to be, or beyond their allocation for the year so you get rolled forward into the following year. I'm surprised they're even allowed to do this both by the manufacturer and provincial regulator.

I hope you can find something. On one hand I wonder if 2021s will be hard to get or there'll be opportunities, with 2020 production limits rolling people forward into 2021, but then also people might get impatient and move on, and other may have second thoughts or financial changes with COVID so cancel their orders?
I have no problem with dealers taking deposits as long as they are brutally honest with the buyer. ie: here's what we honestly expect for allocations. You will be number X and may or may not get your car this year.

In the same discussion, If they expect 70 allocations and you will be number 200, again... be brutally honest and tell you that. For a dealer that expects 70 and takes 200 deposits without telling you that, agreed... likely not illegal but unethical. More reason to firmly insist on knowing where you will stand based on allocations and not go in blind. JMO

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
Dueck downtown came through for me. I was on two other wait lists as well. Dueck Downtown was the last dealer waitlist I joined but they were the first to call with an allocation. Go to the sales mgr if you want knowledgeable assistance. That’s what I did and I was comfortable with our arrangement. It took 18 months but I finally received my 2021 htc in early 2022, I was out of town when my car was finally delivered in December 2021. I had to wait until February 2022 to take delivery. My own travel plans prevented me from picking up in December and January.

Dueck downtown came through for me. I was on two other wait lists as well. Dueck Downtown was the last dealer waitlist I joined but they were the first to call with an allocation. Go to the sales mgr if you want knowledgeable assistance. That’s what I did and I was comfortable with our arrangement. It took 18 months but I finally received my 2021 htc in early 2022, I was out of town when my car was finally delivered in December 2021. I had to wait until February 2022 to take delivery. My own travel plans prevented me from picking up in December and January.
Would you get your C8 serviced there?

Recently called every C8 dealer in BC. 95% of them stopped taking deposits. The rest told me I would be lucky to see a ‘26.

What’s changed from 2014 when I could walk into majority of dealers and see several brand new Stingrays ready to be purchased the same day? Is production really that down?

Would you get your C8 serviced there?
I’m not certain about servicing my 2021 htc at Dueck downtown. I actually live closer to Carter GM in Burnaby. I will have to investigate both service departments to see if one is more highly rated than the other. Anyone out there have any opinions on what dealership (Dueck downtown or Carter) has best service for the C 8?

Recently called every C8 dealer in BC. 95% of them stopped taking deposits. The rest told me I would be lucky to see a ‘26.

What’s changed from 2014 when I could walk into majority of dealers and see several brand new Stingrays ready to be purchased the same day? Is production really that down?

Check out these Forums for ++ info about the C8 and what's happening with production/demand. But the short answer to your question is that GM has hit a home run with the mid-engine Corvette redesign and its popularity compounded by COVID-induced supply chain problems, has prevented GM from keeping up with demand. It's a great car and you should consider getting on multiple waiting lists and I'd suggest you not restrict yourself to BC. I expect you'd find one well before 2026 if you get in with the right dealer. PM (personal message) me if you want info about a good Calgary dealership/salesman I can recommend...or don't hesitate to talk to the 2 Ontario dealers who are sponsors on these Forums. Good luck!

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
I’m not certain about servicing my 2021 htc at Dueck downtown. I actually live closer to Carter GM in Burnaby. I will have to investigate both service departments to see if one is more highly rated than the other. Anyone out there have any opinions on what dealership (Dueck downtown or Carter) has best service for the C 8?
Let us know what you find. I was not impressed by Dueck on Marine in Vancouver as I stumped them when asked one question about DCT. Had some warranty work and oil change at Dueck Richmond and was impressed by the service, schedule and staff knowledge.

Let us know what you find. I was not impressed by Dueck on Marine in Vancouver as I stumped them when asked one question about DCT. Had some warranty work and oil change at Dueck Richmond and was impressed by the service, schedule and staff knowledge.
I’ll let you know of my experience when my first service comes up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.