I have used my wheel dollies for the last five years and never had any problems with them or the tires when it goes back on the ground in the spring.

That said the car sat for five years on concrete or plywood in an unheated garage and never experienced flat spotting with the original Goodyear Supercar tires.

The dollies do help if you need to move your car around a bit once in storage. Take a screwdriver and insert it into the holes in the small wheels to align them in the direction you want to go. Make sure the garage floor (or the living/dining room) is clear of any debris and the car moves fairly easy. I try to always pull on the wheels not push on the bodywork. Works for me.

I think it was the old bias ply tires that flat spotted and even they smoothed out pretty quickly in the spring. Three of our vehicles get put away, all on radials. None have ever had a flat spotting problem. It's a non issue in my mind.

I think it was the old bias ply tires that flat spotted and even they smoothed out pretty quickly in the spring. Three of our vehicles get put away, all on radials. None have ever had a flat spotting problem. It's a non issue in my mind.
:agree: I have one bay that has insulated wood floors just for long term car storage .None the less I haven't seen flat spots on any tires since 1959 :D

My old tires (mfg 01) would flat spot if I let it sit too long. I have since upgraded to C6 wheels and tires.
That Stude is wicked Buckhorn!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread