This one is indeed a beauty, those Cragar wheels just look so good on these early Corvettes. Oddly I found a second picture of the same car in a different spot altogether. This interwebby thing is pretty cool.

2018-hulla-5-009.jpg
deputy-morales-show-075.jpg

Last edited:
Kind of amazing that the Corvette above with a fuel injected big block is probably making 7 to 800 horsepower. That power really is limited to full on blasts down the track and yet the current production cars are making similar horsepower and yet are very manageable on the street even in traffic. I find that incredible.

From 1919 to 1969 cars improved a lot and from 1969 to now, things have kept on improving. I drove a friend's 2019 650 hp supercharged Corvette. As docile as Grandma's car or wild. At 60 mph on 401, giving it about half throttle, it was going to go squirrelly. The car was automatic and I wasn't used to it so wasn't about to get carried away.
Steve & Keith's Corvettes.JPG

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Showed a pic earlier of this car, "chaos in 3..2..1" (page 30 post 582). Here are a couple additional pictures and a bit of a back story. This 54 Corvette is driven by actor Ralph Meeker. Meeker was the first to play "Mike Hammer"; the film was "kiss me deadly". Anybody remember that movie?

12185347_891921104254520_779291339979263756_o.jpg
Scan0074.jpg

Agree Eric I found Mikey's videos really entertaining, I always liked history and he managed to tell stories about people, places and events I never heard about. He did indeed have a real talent for them, probably wore his Z06 out wandering all over the mountain ranges.

Reactions: Rruuff Day