See Murray. We've never had no quality race facility here. Badlands soon but that'll be way out of my league. Race city speedway filled a small niche I suppose but nothing to get excited about.

I suppose if I lived out your way,I'd try to spend as much time around Mosport as I could. CTMP as they call it now? Would love to be making vids there.

Not all black beauties are race cars. Like the wheels, look like old Halibrand kidney bean wheels. Period perfect I think.

62 LFT SD.jpg
62 MTR.jpg
62 GUT DR.jpg

Definitely period perfect wheels Murray... And a sharp looking wheel in the late 50's it was.... My first big WOW for wheels was when I saw my first Cragar SS .... Chrome Reverse were the biggest eye catchers before that...lol.... Surely there's a few of us that remember chrome reverse..... hehe

upload_2017-8-22_20-47-35.jpeg

Derek, to me the Cragar SS wheels are timeless in design. While they don't suit all cars they look just so special on some. I had them on my 66 Chevelle and just loved the look.

Eric, was there anything that said hot rod more than "chrome reverse" wheels? They could have been on a Pontiac more door station wagon but the status of the ride jumped up a few notches with the installation of those wheels. Cool indeed.

Mike, will have to find and scan them. Way back in the day they had this stuff called "film" and you sent it off to be "developed" and hoped the drug store didn't lose them! Imagine Kodak saying digital cameras would never take off. Yikes.

Doug, Buckhorn 76, has an absolutely beautiful 67 Chevelle, all black as I recall. Maybe he will post up a couple of pictures of that one as well.

Mike, will have to find and scan them. Way back in the day they had this stuff called "film" and you sent it off to be "developed" and hoped the drug store didn't lose them! Imagine Kodak saying digital cameras would never take off. Yikes.

Doug, Buckhorn 76, has an absolutely beautiful 67 Chevelle, all black as I recall. Maybe he will post up a couple of pictures of that one as well.
Film. Developed. Lol. Terms like that are long gone huh !! Those were the days.

I've always liked those mid 60s cars. Next weekend,the Bowness show/shine will have some really nice cars from those years. Looking forward to this one for sure.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
These cars were built by Nickey Chevrolet as part of their "continuation" series. They were done in a 60's "gasser" style they appear to be very well constructed.

It is believed that 5 cars were built and all purchased by one owner. Apparently they sold in the $150K range. Jim Dillion photos

Nickey-7.jpg
Nickey-2.jpg
Nickey-5.jpg
Nickey-6.jpg

Attachments

• Nickey-4.jpg
    Nickey-4.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 10
  • P1030230-vi.jpg
    P1030230-vi.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 10
Something odd about the pic of 'The Toy' pulling the wheels Murray... Three track guys in the picture and none are even looking at this sweet car leaving the line... Two looking down track... and one almost has his back turned.... I could see that car racing every day and I would still be watching him race every time .... especially knowing he can leave like that.... :thumbs: