First pics of the dash .....nice .... 839 already ..... by the time you get it home the dash is gonna go blank and and all that will be visible is the text " Let Me Rest " ;)

Front crash avoidance .... nice feature on the newer ones
Yeah but I turned off the bicycle one . :Confused5:

Reactions: Vettenut
IMG_2423.jpeg

I was joking actually, lol . It has the cylinder deactivation which is fine if it saves fuel which I’m sure it does. It’s to meet mandatory fuel consumption requirements no doubt. Got fuel this morning in Hinton and it took 36 litres and was showing 10.2 average and showed 56 kph average speed. But about 65 k of that was city and just sitting running getting things setup when I picked the car up until I remembered service mode. Some settings can’t be accessed unless the vehicle is running but if you press and hold the start button for 5 seconds it will enter service mode and you can access everything without starting the engine.

So after going about 100k up the highway I checked and it will give you average and best for the previous 80 k . It showed 7.8 average and 7.1 best . Happy with that. I’m now in Peace River and looked again and this is what it says . Pics .View attachment 124153View attachment 124154
Nothing wrong with that fuel consumption. I don't use the V4 function. Old school I guess but I just can't get my head around half of my cylinders not being used.

Reactions: 1st Vette
Nothing wrong with that fuel consumption. I don't use the V4 function. Old school I guess but I just can't get my head around half of my cylinders not being used.
I hear that but the nice thing is it seems to be seamless. The instant you touch the throttle , full juice . You don’t even notice. There are some modes it doesn’t activate at all . Track mode for example but I haven’t had the opportunity yet to play with it as up to this early stage I have only been in weather mode and touring mode. Mine just came out of restricted torque and rpm condition 35 km ago and 80% of the distance I have gone has been wet pavement or rain. One thing I noticed which was a strange feeling was being beside a tractor trailer and looking at it out of the passenger side and seeing wheel nuts ! Then in the rain passing a big truck going the other direction on a two lane because of how low you are , complete white out . Just about had to change my shorts. But at the same time no wobble passing trucks from the air wash like you get in a taller vehicle. Very stable.

When I got home yesterday I looked at the “ previous 80 km “ numbers and it was 7.6 average and 7.1 best . That’s at probably 110 kph average. Couldn’t believe it to be honest but happy as a government contractor. My truck would have been maybe 18 . I went out to pick up a six pack of wine for supper earlier and it was in v4 mode at 35 kph . Wow . Outstanding.

"The car, to me, seemed to be easy to drive, but I had a couple of friends drive it, and they both told me that it was the hardest car they'd ever driven. It has way too much power with the Lingenfelter LS7, so you can't just mash the throttle. It's the same way with the brakes; they're huge, and even though they have ABS, if you push too hard, you're going to stop the car too fast. It's got way more of everything than you need,"
IMG_2525.jpeg

"The car, to me, seemed to be easy to drive, but I had a couple of friends drive it, and they both told me that it was the hardest car they'd ever driven. It has way too much power with the Lingenfelter LS7, so you can't just mash the throttle. It's the same way with the brakes; they're huge, and even though they have ABS, if you push too hard, you're going to stop the car too fast. It's got way more of everything than you need,"
View attachment 124245
I always thought driving required smooth. Smooth throttle, smooth steering, smooth braking. Mashing the gas peddle and stomping the brakes would render any car "hard to drive".

Lift the hood and you won’t find an LS swap or a couple of turbochargers hanging off the engine. What you will find though is a proven 364 cubic inch small block with Brodix Track 1 aluminum heads and a TPiS fuel injection system. The small block is also equipped with a lightweight SCAT crankshaft, Crower rods, a Crane roller cam and Harland Sharp roller rockers. When Brian lays into the throttle the V8 will spin all the way up to 7,500rpm. The small block is mated not to a late model T56 or a fancy race transmission, but to an old school Muncie four-speed which has taken every bit of abuse the Hobaughs have thrown at it. You might also be surprised to find out that the chassis beneath the Corvette’s wide body is also relatively original. The only significant changes are stiffer springs and a set of competition-proven JRi ST-08 shocks. The wheels are certainly one of the most outstanding parts on the car. They are from a company called Aristo Collection and measure a serious 18×12-inch at all four corners.
IMG_2523.jpeg
IMG_2533.jpeg
IMG_2532.jpeg

1963” Superformance Corvette Grand Sport
Engine typeV8 N/A
Displacement6.2 l (377 ci / 6178 cc)
Power558 ps (550 bhp / 410 kw)@ 6200 rpm
Torque746 Nm (550 lb-ft) @ 6000 rpm
Power / liter90 ps (89 hp)
Power / weight646 ps (637 bhp) / t
Torque / weight864 Nm (638 lb-ft) / t
Transmission4 speed