Badvette

2 You're 10
Aug 20, 2010
Bowmanville Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2007 Z51
So I try to fire up the vette last Sunday in the Canadian Tire parking lot and low and behold nothing..........I hit the ignition again nobody home wtf. This happened to me last year and it was the brake sensor the car is currently at Roy Nichols GM and they say it maybe the BCM aka computer how the hell does that fail in a car thats babied and never sees snow etc etc. Long story short it would give them a hardcode so there having a tough time diagnosing it. Man i hope its not the computer that sound painful lol. any thoughts. It did throw one for me say service active braking system i think

This is the kind of stuff that scares me about these cars. The computer stuff can get deadly expensive and I have a feeling that GM could have done a better job on the self diagnosis on these things. Do they replace the computers and modules with new stuff or refurbished parts?

i'm getting nervous with this the only good thing if it is its easy to remove and re-install apparently it just pulls out and bolts back in and they arent very expensive.

Last edited:
Very interesting. I thought it would have to do with the clutch sensor and the BSM not thinking that the clutch is depressed rather than a brake sensor....or is your car an automatic or do you need to be pressing both pedals for it to start? Let us know if you find a fix!!!!

It's an A6 you just need to step on the brake pedal to start it, I got the car back and I'm gonna drive it till it hard codes. I tried to retrieve codes with my code reader and currently shows no code. I'm gonna dis connect the battery to reset everything I'll keep everybody posted.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread