Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
Found these pictures while wandering around the interwebby thing. Apparently they were taken in 1965. I wonder if anyone recognizes the cars or the spot? Some cool hot rods "back in the day".

26734192_10155026071271175_3720271594134351397_n.jpg
26733949_10155026071406175_1120552264567953200_n.jpg
26734213_10155026071826175_4687057751274375382_n.jpg

9EBDBA0D-32DB-4F29-8E70-A8CB7C110EEF.jpeg
WALLY’s BURGERS was on Kingsway in Vancouver.
It was one of a dozen cruise spots along Kingsway...
A&W, DOG N SUDS, HARVEYs, TEXAN(Downtown)....
And then on into Burnaby.

WALLY’s was a great place.. I started going there in 1971 with my ‘70 Chevelle....
by then it was mostly muscle cars..
They sure made a great burger as well.. called the ‘chuck wagon’..basically had everything in it.
Wally’s relocated many years ago.
Great times...

Graham

Last edited:
I think it was the restaurant that Wally Beaver opened shortly after the Leave it to Beaver sitcom was discontinued. They specialized in Fried Chicken, Fish and Chips and Beav... errrr... never mind....Gordy and Graham are probably right....

Wallys Burgers was on Kingsway Street just West of Nanaimo St. Pretty decent place for a sloppy burger back in the day. I think they closed shop aprx 8-10 yrs ago. Abt 6 Blocks from Wallys there was a dealership/Parts store called (I think) Cal Van motors. Always some very cool 'hot rod' rides there. My friends and I used to hang around there as young kids and said.... one day....

Last edited:
Wow, CalVan, yeah bought many a part for my Anglia there. How about Johnston Motors at Kingsway and Main. Went go private school around the corner and used to go there to check out the 'Cures and Roadrunners Then there was Gladstone Motors up Kingsway that had a bunch of used muscle cars for sale ahhhh keep up the stories

Wow, CalVan, yeah bought many a part for my Anglia there. How about Johnston Motors at Kingsway and Main. Went go private school around the corner and used to go there to check out the 'Cures and Roadrunners Then there was Gladstone Motors up Kingsway that had a bunch of used muscle cars for sale ahhhh keep up the stories

I do remember the (Gladstone) dealership albeit I could not recall the name.... Grew up in East Van and went to Britannia High. Your Anglia certainly would not have been a very common sight around Vancouver. Lots of good times and some good street racing on the long and straight stretch of road behind Van Tech high school. Thankfully no one ever wrecked their car. :)

Reactions: ddgermann
Gladstone was a great lot to go thru..they had a lot of performance cars.
The other used high-performance car lot was Belmont Motors @ Fraser & Broadway.
I remember looking thru them both on many occasions.
There was a CAL-VAN Store near Fraser on Kingsway.
That store manager is still active in the Cruise nites here Wed - Fri.

Most of the drag racing I saw was on Kent rd, industrial area south of Marine Drive near Fraser Street.
I grew up in South Van, near Fraser & Marine.

Graham

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.