I'm New Here
Feb 2, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
Audi
Province
BC
Hi folks,

New member here and interested in picking up a C8 in the lower mainland. Can anyone recommend a dealer or salesperson? Tried doing a quick search but most threads are a few months old. Also, if anyone would know if there is allocation in a specific dealership for sure, I'd be forever grateful!

Cheers and happy to hopefully join the club!

Hi @26k ..
Welcome to the CCF Forums... We have been waiting for you! Ha ha.

I think you will find that all the GM Dealers have a waiting list of sorts.
Some have a high number list, eg 18-25, but that would be the larger dealer(s) that will get more allocations. Other dealers have a smaller list, eg: 8-10, but they will have less allocations so your wait time may be more. You just have to pick your dealer by feel.
There was a dealership in the Interior, that claimed they have NO wait list(?) but they want $5K over MSRP pricing. That may be worth it to you or not.
I suggest you start on the phone, or better still visit the dealers with a list of questions.
And placing a couple of deposits seems to be part of the game as well.
If you wish to start somewhere you could contact Mak @ the DUECK Downtown location.
He will be straight-up as to allocations and possible wait time at all three of their locations.

good luck. Stay safe
graham
Langley, BC

Reactions: 26k
Only if having difficulty locally, consider researching outside-the-box.
If paying $5k over MSRP, consider an AB dealership with no markup and ship it for less (or pickup and drive it).
I'm sure there are even volunteers here to drive it to you too (just kidding ... well maybe not).

If interested ... send a PM and I will share a dealer contact name (manager) for you to have a good chat with
and see if it can be an option for you ... this message will self-destruct in ...

gLdmbX.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: ccltj
Make sure you ask these questions.
- How many allocations they expected last year and how many they actually received?
- How many are on their current list for 2021?
- How many allocations have they received so far for 2021? (Dealers are getting allocations per month.)
If they are vague on any of these questions, move on to another dealer.

Reactions: 26k and Maximus74
My experience is, not one dealer in North America knows for sure how many cars they are going to get. Because of all the shutdowns not even GM knows for sure how many cars are going to be produced for the same reason. Most dealers have more orders with a deposit than they expect to get built. I contacted two of what I think are, almost, the biggest Corvette dealers in Ontario. The last one I visited flat out told me in August that it would probably be two years before I could even think about getting a car. I don’t feel I need a new car that badly yet. Especially since I can’t drive the ones I have.

My experience is, not one dealer in North America knows for sure how many cars they are going to get. Because of all the shutdowns not even GM knows for sure how many cars are going to be produced for the same reason. Most dealers have more orders with a deposit than they expect to get built. I contacted two of what I think are, almost, the biggest Corvette dealers in Ontario. The last one I visited flat out told me in August that it would probably be two years before I could even think about getting a car. I don’t feel I need a new car that badly yet. Especially since I can’t drive the ones I have.
Dealers know what they had last year so they have an idea as to what they will get per month. It's not an exact science but if you don't ask you will never know. This is a fact. Trust me. They have an idea. I've been tracking orders and build data for well over a year now.

I agree, the dealers have their allotment, but with all the unscheduled shut downs, between Covid and lack of parts, I’m pretty sure even GM doesn’t know, for sure, how many cars they are going to be able to build this model year hence, I would think, the dealers can’t predict how many cars they will actually get regardless of their allotment. It’s not about allotments and deposits, it’s about rubber on the ground, in the yard and thus, home in the garage.
I wish everybody luck but there are people out there who think just because they have a deposit down their car is as good as built and for the johnny come latelys, like me, they should be aware that might not be the case.

Get a deposit in now.. you will eventually get your car.. most
likely a 2022 at this point.
If you find another car that you like you will most likely be able to cancel your commitment and get your deposit returned. The dealer will just move the option to the next on his list.
Finding a dealer that will get you the earliest allocation is the game if you are in a hurry.
g

Hi folks,

New member here and interested in picking up a C8 in the lower mainland. Can anyone recommend a dealer or salesperson? Tried doing a quick search but most threads are a few months old. Also, if anyone would know if there is allocation in a specific dealership for sure, I'd be forever grateful!

I would try Dueck on Marine Drive. They are probably the largest dealer in western Canada. Also you could try Carter’s in North Vancouver.

Reactions: 26k
Hi folks,

I deal at Carter GM in North Van: 12 mth waiting list - so, $5K down - if lucky probably order end of this year for 2022 delivery spring kind of thing. Their list is over 30 - ditto Duecks - Z06 waiting long long - would not get one for a few years probably - crazy. Carter wants to minimize list - ie. people who put their name every where by insisting on the $5K down. I am still sitting on the fence - need to decide as it will be a long time before I see my car. Tried buying from back east - been a few for sale - want - $140K - no haggling. USA want as much in USD - so, if you want one get on a list.

Reactions: nascar03
My dealer has 2 unspoken for ... but who wants to pay $20k plus over msrp...
Wow ... informative & thanks - with servicing needs aside, the dealership earns a Buyer’s 👎🏻 with that.
One of 5 in Alberta that had my Color/Spec Corvette on the lot in 2016. I stopped in and seriously considered theirs and I have stopped in a few times since ... however it is a good thing that
I can still turn off the highway ... to shop at one of my favorite Craft Beer Stores in the process of my next GM purchase.
Cheers :Cheers2:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rruuff Day
People who wrestle pigs?
Maybe you but not this pig wrestler... I was more than happy with my C6 and even happier with my C7. Couple of things about the C8 that likely will discourage me from owning one... No offence to those that do.... To each their own... All great cars

I'm not sure that this is relevant. GM looses money on every base C8. It's only when the car gets loaded with options do they make any profit. I know when they first started advertising the C8 that they said the car would not go over 58K US. Someone told me they were going to stay near this figure for the second year. Don't quote me on that one. Even if you are lucky enough to get one next year it will probably cost you at least 20K more. So. Do you want one from the next batch or wait another year and probably pay more anyway. Do you remember when the GNX first came out? Or maybe you could go and try to buy a Demon, which isn't half the car the C8 is. Try and find any exotic under 100K that even comes close to the C8.New & Used Dodge Demon for sale in Ontario | autoTRADER.ca

I'm not sure that this is relevant. GM looses money on every base C8. It's only when the car gets loaded with options do they make any profit. I know when they first started advertising the C8 that they said the car would not go over 58K US
That has been debunked by Tadge. Some rumours are just not true.
Maybe you but not this pig wrestler... I was more than happy with my C6 and even happier with my C7. Couple of things about the C8 that likely will discourage me from owning one... No offence to those that do.... To each their own... All great cars
I'm curious what it is you don't like? No pedal for your left foot?

That has been debunked by Tadge. Some rumours are just not true.

I'm curious what it is you don't like? No pedal for your left foot?
Good Morning Murray. It is no secret that I prefer a manual transmission and a left foot pedal. Grew up (no sarcasm please on that...lol) with a clutch pedal... 72 VW Beetle, 69 SS Chevelle, 72 340 Duster, 76 280 Z, 85 Chev 4 x 4, 95 F250 Diesel, and my current 99 F250 Diesel ... But I have another reason. My better half and I (before Covid) use to go touring Canada and the US for weeks at a time and the convenience of having an electric cooler behind the seat with refreshments, sandwich material, etc. allowed me to drive while she would make us lunch. Sometimes we would pull over for a picnic as well but I itch to stay behind the wheel until we get to the next stop, especially if we get caught in rain. That and her books if she wants to read while I drive, a bag of chips or something to snack on... box of kleenex, place to toss our sweaters or jackets, a small pillow when she wants to lay the seat back and nap... And being able for her to just reach back and grab whatever is likely my biggest reason for not owning a C8. If I had room in my shop for another Vette, it would likely be a 67 big block resto-mod but I have 5 assorted vehicles and my ATV and skidsteer in there now so that's out. Plus I catch a bit of flak for paying insurance on the 5 and whether I really need them all...lol... And yes I do... Diesel for the big trailer pulling jobs, hunting/fishing truck, daily driver beater Suv, and a nice SUV for her....and my C7.... So justified or not, that's my thoughts. Like I said...Nothing against the car and I won't ever say never...

Reactions: nascar03
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.