RIP
Ontario You're a Regular 2 You're 10
Jan 29, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Bala Bakery Run - Sat, Sept 12, 2015

Been wanting to do a cruise up to Bala. I'm told they have an excellent Bakery. Was there once many years ago but they were closed unfortunately. Will try this one again and compare with Gravenhurst and Little Britain.

We will grab lunch at Annie's Cafe in the same plaza as Don's.

http://www.donsbakery.ca/

Rain date will be the Sunday Sept 13 or the following Sat Sept 19.

Then after Bala, we'll hop on the windy road and take us to highway 11 for home.

Just something a little different than the usual. We will NOT be stopping in Orillia.

Meet up is at the CanTire Gas bar on Hwy 400 north of Major Mackenzie from 9AM-10AM.

Update: Sept 5/2015
Well the route has been confirmed and I'm going to warn you know. This is not for the impatient lot. We are heading out for a 3 hour country drive to Bala. And not many places to stop along the way.

By the time we leave Bala, it will be close to 2pm so I figure we can have lunch there, maybe do a walk to the mini rapids, there's a coupe of curio shops if anyone wants to buy some antiques.

Don's Bakery
Portage Landing
3119 Hwy 169, Unit 2
Bala, ON P0C 1A0

Bakery is a walk in but if you would like to order before hand, Orders must be placed by noon on the day BEFORE pickup.
Tel: (705) 762-3937

Also posted on HDR Facebook Page

Last edited:
Stan I am going to try to hook up with you guys somewhere along the route. That drive down the "windy" road is a drivers road for sure. Don't take your eyes off the road nor the car in front. I would be so embarrassing to put the car in a ditch with about fifty others to make suggestions how to get it out.:Biggrin:

Sounds like a great day.:thumbs:

Stan I am going to try to hook up with you guys somewhere along the route. That drive down the "windy" road is a drivers road for sure. Don't take your eyes off the road nor the car in front. I would be so embarrassing to put the car in a ditch with about fifty others to make suggestions how to get it out.:Biggrin:

Sounds like a great day.:thumbs:

Meet us in Bala, Murray. Then we do the twisty road.

Been wanting to do a cruise up to Bala. I'm told they have an excellent Bakery. Was there once many years ago but they were closed unfortunately. Will try this one again and compare with Gravenhurst and Little Britain.

http://www.donsbakery.ca/

Rain date will be the Sunday Sept 13 or the following Sat Sept 19.

Then after Bala, we'll hop on the windy road and take us to highway 11 and we'll cruise to Orillia for lunch at "Grape and Olive Wine and Bistro" (to be confirmed, has plenty of paved parking).

Just something a little different than the usual.

Meet up is at the CanTire Gas bar on Hwy 400 north of Major Mackenzie from 9AM-10AM. I still need to finalize the route but the plan is to get off at Hwy 88 and cruise a scenic route up to Bala. Colours should be turning by then so we may have some very nice scenery.

Don's Bakery
Portage Landing
3119 Hwy 169, Unit 2
Bala, ON P0C 1A0

Bakery is a walk in but if you would like to order before hand, Orders must be placed by noon on the day BEFORE pickup.
Tel: (705) 762-3937

Also posted on the HDR Facebook Page[

I've had to change the schedule a bit as it was running long. We will not be cruising into Orillia for lunch. Instead, there's a nice little deli in Bala where we can stop for lunch. I've updated the OP.

See you tomorrow.

It's still raining here in Richmond Hill. Calling for rain all day from here to Orillia. No rain in the forecast for Gravenhurst and Bala. But we would have to drive thru the rain to get to the no rain.

Who knows what the weather will be like in an hour. Even if it stops, it's going to be a cool day and the roads will be wet. Let's forget it today and see what tomorrow brings. It's no fun driving on a gloomy and rainy day.

Stan.

Looks like a repeat of yesterday. It's raining and it's cold.

8:15am and I'm calling it a no go.

Let's hope the weather is a little more favorable for next Saturday's Niagara cruise.

Thanks Stan. It continues to rain in the north and it has dropped a degree or two since early this morning. Good call, sadly.

If anyone else on the forum is thinking Niagara Falls with Stan and the American Corvette club next weekend some simple advice. Load up the car and just go. Stan essentially did the same cruise a number of weeks ago and it was incredible. He does a great job with these adventures, you will not be disappointed.:thumbs:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread