CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
LOL, he's gonna start chargin' me rent.....:rofl:

Back for another visit to Manny's for a catch-can install this weekend, probably Sunday morning.

My back is sore so I'll let him do the install. Got my unit online since I didn't know about Manny's...Oh well. Next time I'll ask first. :D

Hope to bump into some of you guys and watch Manny do his magic.

Cheers,
Colin.

Let us know how the catch can goes! Now that I have an LS6 valley cover in my car, I may add one myself after seeing how much oil was in the intake.

Sure thing Riley. The catch can will eliminate (and catch) any contaminants in the canister which can be cleaned and maintained a whole lot easier than cleaning up the intake tract.

The install instructions look fairly straightforward tho maybe a little fiddly -- Manny's expertise and knowledge will have it in PDQ and I'm guessing with considerably less back pain than if I did it.:D

Stay tuned.

C.

........and a good time was had by all especially us watching 'Professor' Manny do his thing.......:D

Terry (my brother) liked it so much that he had Manny install a catch-can on his LS2.

Terry got the SS hosing and it looks great -- Mine is different and even nicer I think -- Is it braided Carbon Fiber Manny?

Professional as always, Manny -- looks real nice under there. Those fancy red clamps compliment it well.
Thanks for fitting us in.......Always a pleasure to visit and see all the rides and guys.
Cheers,
Colin

mini-IMG_0001.jpg
mini-IMG_0002.jpg
mini-IMG_0003.jpg

Last edited:
........and a good time was had by all especially us watching 'Professor' Manny do his thing.......:D

Terry (my brother) liked it so much that he had Manny install a catch-can on his LS2.

Professional as always, Manny -- looks real nice under there. Those fancy red clamps compliment it well.
Thanks for fitting us in.......Always a pleasure to visit and see all the rides and guys.
Cheers,
Colin

mini-IMG_0001.jpg
mini-IMG_0002.jpg
mini-IMG_0003.jpg

It was good to see you guys there...and in such a short time. What...2 weeks in a row?! LOL! :D

Allow me to show my ignorance.....

I've read online that:
a) These catch-cans are needed and do a good job
b) They are only needed in certain applications.

I suspect "a" is correct but can someone please enlighten me??

I have to say that is one impressive looking piece of engine "jewelry" you have there Colin.

As you have probably now read, Wayne: some engines have a tendency to blow-by, oil burning, and otherwise dirty air from combustion inside the engine (to some degree).

These catch cans filter that air somewhat b4 it's allowed to circulate back into the intake system for reburning and pollution control thus cutting down on the oily film buildup that we've all seen on the intake tract.

Not only bling but functional bling at that.

From my understanding, cleaning is required (and accomplished easily) a couple times a season -- of course dependent on the amount of oil and dirt in the recirculated air.

To my mind a fairly inexpensive means of keeping the intake system clean and sludge free.

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread