Just picked up today: 2023 70th Anniversary Edition C8 Stingray with 6 km on it...

I missed driving my 2020 C8 HTC too much over the past year, which I sold too soon expecting I'd be driving the C8 Z06 by now, so this should tide me over:

2023 70th Anniversary C8.jpg

Fairly loaded: 3LT (as required for the Anniversary Edition package); HTC; Z51; mag ride; front lift; high-wing; carbon fiber interior cluster; rocker extensions; full length dual satin black metallic racing stripes; black exhaust tips; splash guards; black tow hook; OEM indoor car cover; and battery protection package. The logo'd leather/suede tote bags that come with the Anniversary Edition package, look great!

I'm waiting for the black lug nuts that were supposed to be on the car, to come in. The black locking lugs are in the trunk and ready to go. I was fortunate enough to get the edge red calipers (originally standard with Anniversary Edition) before they went on constraint. I'd already purchased the all-weather OEM floor mats and the frunk/trunk tray set for the Z06, so those are now in the car. Now it's time to do a bunch of other things: PPF and ceramic, "permanent" red jacking pucks, matching suede to cover up the warning labels on the visors, grill covers (x4), touch-sensitive screen protector, custom clear plastic cover over the emergency release in the frunk...all of which I had on my 2020.

I'm also looking to swap out/replace my Michelin Pilot Sport 4S summer tires, with Michelin Pilot Sport all-season, so I can drive the car later into this Fall and starting early next Spring, on occasional snow when necessary. I have no room in my garage for yet another set of rims/tires and replacing the tires only, will be cheaper...although having the all-season for track use or launch control, isn't ideal.

I know I get 2 free oil/filter changes. I thought Canadians were now entitled to a free DCT filter change/ fluid top-up but my dealer said no; only in the States. Is that correct?

Anyone know if the 2023's get the "speed shape gift"? [aka, should I expect one in about 2 years, like my 2020? (lol)]

Finally, I'm looking forward once again to:

-finishing the break-in period at 805 km, when the fun really begins (I plan to get there before I park it);
-then in due course, attending the Ron Fellows driving school for what I assume will be the same GM subsidized US$1,000 rate...

Just picked up today: 2023 70th Anniversary Edition C8 Stingray with 6 km on it...

I know I get 2 free oil/filter changes. I thought Canadians were now entitled to a free DCT filter change/ fluid top-up but my dealer said no; only in the States. Is that correct?
Did you get the window sticker? It should say what you get.

I missed driving my 2020 C8 HTC too much over the past year, which I sold too soon expecting I'd be driving the C8 Z06 by now, so this should tide me over:

View attachment 101260

Fairly loaded: 3LT (as required for the Anniversary Edition package); HTC; Z51; mag ride; front lift; high-wing; carbon fiber interior cluster; rocker extensions; full length dual satin black metallic racing stripes; black exhaust tips; splash guards; black tow hook; OEM indoor car cover; and battery protection package. The logo'd leather/suede tote bags that come with the Anniversary Edition package, look great!

I'm waiting for the black lug nuts that were supposed to be on the car, to come in. The black locking lugs are in the trunk and ready to go. I was fortunate enough to get the edge red calipers (originally standard with Anniversary Edition) before they went on constraint. I'd already purchased the all-weather OEM floor mats and the frunk/trunk tray set for the Z06, so those are now in the car. Now it's time to do a bunch of other things: PPF and ceramic, "permanent" red jacking pucks, matching suede to cover up the warning labels on the visors, grill covers (x4), touch-sensitive screen protector, custom clear plastic cover over the emergency release in the frunk...all of which I had on my 2020.

I'm also looking to swap out/replace my Michelin Pilot Sport 4S summer tires, with Michelin Pilot Sport all-season, so I can drive the car later into this Fall and starting early next Spring, on occasional snow when necessary. I have no room in my garage for yet another set of rims/tires and replacing the tires only, will be cheaper...although having the all-season for track use or launch control, isn't ideal.

Anyone know if the 2023's get the "speed shape gift"? [aka, should I expect one in about 2 years, like my 2020? (lol)]

-finishing the break-in period at 805 km, when the fun really begins (I plan to get there before I park it);
-then in due course, attending the Ron Fellows driving school for what I assume will be the same GM subsidized US$1,000 rate...
Congrats! A very sharp looking car to say the least. With reference to the DCT filter change, I asked GM Canada about it and they confirmed that one DCT filter change is included on my 2022 HTC. I'd suggest to call them to confirm.

Reactions: gone
How long was the wait?

No wait. The dealership ordered the car for itself and it sat in their showroom for about a week, before I purchased it. For the first time ever, I paid over MSRP for a vehicle since I was tired of looking for a nice used one or a new one and tired of being on ++ slow-moving Stingray lists. I may have gotten a Stingray allocation (??) by the end of next year and I didn't want to go another "driving season" w/o a C8. I remain on several lists for a Z06 but expect getting an allocation will take about 2 years (?) or more.

Of interest, this same dealership received a 3LT HTC Stingray that it ordered for itself the same day as this anniversary edition and they sold it the same day as mine...with my pick-up this morning and the other buyer picking his up this afternoon. So neither of them lasted long in the dealer showroom.

Congrats! Cool that you went HTC however, I've gone back to a coupe as I found I wasn't using the convertible as much.

My spec is literally the same as yours but coupe. Can't wait!
Thanks Cam. Due to my motorcycle days (enjoying "the great outdoors") and wanting to drive "topless" with a full set of golf clubs in the trunk, plus putting the top down every chance I can, I had to go with HTC again. I'm hooked on the convenience of it. Not to mention all the dough I save not putting "untold bling" in the coupe engine bay...

No wait. The dealership ordered the car for itself and it sat in their showroom for about a week, before I purchased it.
No, they ordered it for a fictitious person (or salesman, manager etc.) GM is still not allowing stock orders

Reactions: wlgj
You’ll get the Ron Fellows coupon in the Shape model package which will be expired by then lol. If you call the school they will run your VIN and ensure your eligibility.

Thanks Skahaman. I know the drill, having attended the School following my 2020 C8 purchase. I also ran into them at the Bowling Green Corvette Bash the end of last April. I told them to expect me after I purchased a Z06 (such lofty dreams...) and they took my name and said they'd make that note on my file. But I'm sure they'll be happy to see me for another Stingray. And this time I plan to get the autocross winner certificate! Or is this just another lofty dream? lol

Congrats! Cool that you went HTC however, I've gone back to a coupe as I found I wasn't using the convertible as much.

My spec is literally the same as yours but coupe. Can't wait!
I am the opposite, the roof of my HTC is down 95% of the time and driving with the roof up feels like a waste.

View attachment 101260

Congrats Vaughn. Nice to hear you are driving a Vette again, even if it's not the Z. Did you get your new lift yet?

Thanks Skahaman. I know the drill, having attended the School following my 2020 C8 purchase. I also ran into them at the Bowling Green Corvette Bash the end of last April. I told them to expect me after I purchased a Z06 (such lofty dreams...) and they took my name and said they'd make that note on my file. But I'm sure they'll be happy to see me for another Stingray. And this time I plan to get the autocross winner certificate! Or is this just another lofty dream? lol
Seems like you’ve got it down! My advice, don’t brake before you get into the stop box. Then stomp on them hard.

Attachments

• 6CA6E8E9-067F-4F97-8246-04ACE5B66580.jpeg
    6CA6E8E9-067F-4F97-8246-04ACE5B66580.jpeg
    451.5 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: OL Yeller
Congrats Vaughn. Nice to hear you are driving a Vette again, even if it's not the Z. Did you get your new lift yet?

New lift installed over a month ago. It “only” took a year to get it, compliments of COVID. Wider to fit the Z06 so oodles of room for the Stingray.

Also found a useful toy: I have a card reader to enter my office parkade. Unfortunately there’s a high curb next to it. So when jockeying to get close to the card reader, I risk scraping my front bumper corner and rear fender flare-out on the curb. Solution: a telescopic selfie-stick that holds my access card securely which I can put on the card reader from a safe distance. Something to consider for anyone with a similar Corvette entry problem.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.