Passion for our cars is what makes owership so special .

My Dad's car. [VIDEO]

Great story Manny....Would love to do that for my Dad too.....

Manny; what a great story. Almost brought tears to my eye.
Make me wonder what ever happened to my 68 mustang. I'll bet there is a lot of guys here that would love to see a certain car again.

Oh yeah Brian -- there are a few, and I too had a '68 Mustang I wish was here today.

Great find, M.
C.

Common guys! It's just a car!:D

That is a great story. I'm glad someone was able to hunt down and obtain the car that brought their past back to life. For me it would be my dad's 65 Corvette Vert that he sold to buy a minivan for us kids.

Thanks guys .

For me it would be my first car that I owned .

1978 Camaro Z28, Silver with red interior ( Hummmm ) Yes its the same color combination as my Vette .
This was my first car and my first venture in building .
327ci bored 60 over out of 67 Corvette ,202 heads and a cross ram intake with Holley 660 center squirters carbs ( what a pain to setup) ,Turbo 400 trans with a revearse manual valve body ,12 bolt rear with 4:11 gears .

One of the reasons I was so drawn to my Nasty1 was the color combo reminded me of my old Z28 .

I wish I knew where that car was today :(

Wow what a great story. Typing with watery eyes.
My Dad never had a real cool car. We had a family of six, so the cars were big four door Olds 98's , Station wagons and various land yachts.
I don't think any of these ever had a special meaning to him.

Sooooo what I would like to find would be. The 2nd car I owned. My 1971
Mach1 Mustang. I bought this in 1977 and sold it in 1979. Silver fastback, Red high back bucket seats, Four speed factory T handle shifter, 351 Cleavland, Pioneer KP500 cassette deck, Trunk & chin spoilers.

I have owned about 30 cars since this beast, but its still my favorite other than the OBSESHON Vette.
I wonder if it's still alive or just rusted away like every other ford fro that era.:canada:

Wow what a great story. Typing with watery eyes.
My Dad never had a real cool car. We had a family of six, so the cars were big four door Olds 98's , Station wagons and various land yachts.
I don't think any of these ever had a special meaning to him.

Sooooo what I would like to find would be. The 2nd car I owned. My 1971
Mach1 Mustang. I bought this in 1977 and sold it in 1979. Silver fastback, Red high back bucket seats, Four speed factory T handle shifter, 351 Cleavland, Pioneer KP500 cassette deck, Trunk & chin spoilers.

I have owned about 30 cars since this beast, but its still my favorite other than the OBSESHON Vette.
I wonder if it's still alive or just rusted away like every other ford fro that era.:canada:

I also had a few Mustangs from that era including a '68 GT500 and would like to think they are all keepers and still prowling the streets somewhere.
Let's hope so.

BTW your Dad's Old's were some of my favourites ('57 is my alltime fave) -- and were quicker, torquier and a cut above the average chevy.
I'm sure he loved them.:D

C.

I also had a few Mustangs from that era including a '68 GT500 and would like to think they are all keepers and still prowling the streets somewhere.
Let's hope so.

BTW your Dad's Old's were some of my favourites ('57 is my alltime fave) -- and were quicker, torquier and a cut above the average chevy.
I'm sure he loved them.:D

C.

My Dad's Oldsmobile's were all late 1960's and early to mid 1970. Just big ass gas guzzling monsters.
Now he drives Lexus Suv's. He likes a nice luxury vehicle, but in no way is he a car guy. He just drives them and trades them in for a new one every couple of years.
He is 75 years old, and in all those years I have never seen him hand wash a vehicle. :canada:

My Dad's Oldsmobile's were all late 1960's and early to mid 1970. Just big ass gas guzzling monsters.
Now he drives Lexus Suv's. He likes a nice luxury vehicle, but in no way is he a car guy. He just drives them and trades them in for a new one every couple of years.
He is 75 years old, and in all those years I have never seen him hand wash a vehicle. :canada:

lol, they were 'Boat-A-Sauruses' back then for sure. Great rides tho and fondly remembered.

Can't say I like washing my rides either -- :D

Enjoy your Dad while you have him. I wish I still had mine.:)

I would have liked to find a '59 Austin healey sprite for my dad. Unfortunately he's gone now, but I know he would have loved my vette.
[mob][/mob]

My dad wasn't really a car guy but as a kid I do remember how hard it was for him to find an inexpensive car with an automatic after we came back to Canada in '53. He'd lost his leg in the war so an automatic was a nescessity. His favourite car was his '66 Chevy. I wish he was still here today so I could let him drive the 'vette. Miss my mum as well but she wouldn't be driving it :D

If I could bring a car back it would be my orange 1969 Z28. Bought it new on the same day I quite my job.

Video was a nice find Manny.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread