Cape Breton last on list at Lounsbury who knows ?
Holy carp! I’m surprised there even a dealer in CB that got allotments.

Economically depressed region and all that jazz. NS if bad enough off, but CB is even worse. Not your guy’s fault, you’re just caught in the Atlantic Canada economic “death spiral” like the rest of us....

I was talking to Grant at Lounsburys on Monday Jan.6. He said that they have 13 allocations for the first half and so far have received
7 in the Sept to Dec 2019 period. They are expecting to receive another 13 allocations in the second half for a total of 26 for 2020. I am number 20 on their list so he thought I would be getting a 2020 in the second half. He also said he thought the 2020 model year might run beyond Sept 2020.
I noticed that CCF forum member EJChevy who works for Bill Spencer Chev in Cobourg, Ont. has stated that his dealership also has 13
first half allocations and have received 7 so far. They seem to be following the same pattern as Lounsburys in Moncton.
For the information of those that are ordering their first Corvette in New Brunswick, when I ordered my C7 in 2015 it took exactly 2 months
from the time my order was entered in the system until my car arrived at the dealer. There was no quality control hold in place at that time. The first C8's built will be held in the lot at the Bowling Green plant for QC. If I remember correctly the lot held around 1500 cars back in the C7 days. The QC hold will probably not exceed 4 weeks and maybe as short as 2 weeks from reports I have seen on the web.

I'd also like to add: They do not ship Corvettes to Canada from December to mid-April as the summer tires are prone to be damaged in the cold. This might change with the three-season tires included with the non-Z51 builds.

Reactions: 2MCHFUN
I was talking to Grant at Lounsburys on Monday Jan.6. He said that they have 13 allocations for the first half and so far have received
7 in the Sept to Dec 2019 period. They are expecting to receive another 13 allocations in the second half for a total of 26 for 2020. I am number 20 on their list so he thought I would be getting a 2020 in the second half. He also said he thought the 2020 model year might run beyond Sept 2020.
I noticed that CCF forum member EJChevy who works for Bill Spencer Chev in Cobourg, Ont. has stated that his dealership also has 13
first half allocations and have received 7 so far. They seem to be following the same pattern as Lounsburys in Moncton.
For the information of those that are ordering their first Corvette in New Brunswick, when I ordered my C7 in 2015 it took exactly 2 months
from the time my order was entered in the system until my car arrived at the dealer. There was no quality control hold in place at that time. The first C8's built will be held in the lot at the Bowling Green plant for QC. If I remember correctly the lot held around 1500 cars back in the C7 days. The QC hold will probably not exceed 4 weeks and maybe as short as 2 weeks from reports I have seen on the web.
reading that, math tells me it's 36 allotments, not 26.

7 (sep to dec 19) + 13 (first half) + 13 (second half) = 36 allotments.

I suppose if you only look at 13+13 it's 26 for 2020, but I woudl include the early order allotment as it's all part of 2020.

The point is: 36 allotments for a Canada dealer on a hot item like the C8 is pretty good!

reading that, math tells me it's 36 allotments, not 26.

7 (sep to dec 19) + 13 (first half) + 13 (second half) = 36 allotments.

I suppose if you only look at 13+13 it's 26 for 2020, but I woudl include the early order allotment as it's all part of 2020.

The point is: 36 allotments for a Canada dealer on a hot item like the C8 is pretty good!

The first 7 orders came from the 13 allotments for the first half of the model year.

It's 26 total, with 7 already ordered.

Woodstock Ontario here. Will be lucky if I get my 2020 vert in time to put it away for winter. But hoping for the best. Maybe get a couple of months driving out of it. At least break it in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.