T

thundercatd

I'm New Here
Mar 26, 2015
Timmins
VetteCoins
Car
2014 C7
Manufacturer says 18 H.P and torque gain,would you need to dyno tune??

AFE Air intake

Manufacturer says 18 H.P and torque gain,would you need to dyno tune??

Put one on my Z51 coupe last fall I found that it seemed to respond better with more air flow, not sure how much HP I got. Did not do a tune or dyno. But I would say it's worth the money I went with the dry washable filter.

Last edited:
I doubt you'll get the horsepower/torque gains advertised by AFE - seems high for a CAI.

Check out the Halltech site as well - looks like they are coming out with a rotomolded CAI for the C7 (rather than carbon fiber) as well.

I doubt you'll get the horsepower/torque gains advertised by AFE - seems high for a CAI.

Check out the Halltech site as well - looks like they are coming out with a rotomolded CAI for the C7 (rather than carbon fiber) as well.

Re: AFE this is their Z06 claims,

Preliminary Dyno results up to +46 HP / +39 lbs. x ft. Torque max gains
Up to 25% increase in Flow - 303 CFM at 1.50" H20

wow if true cheap HP for a total of 696HP

Re: AFE this is their Z06 claims,

Preliminary Dyno results up to +46 HP / +39 lbs. x ft. Torque max gains
Up to 25% increase in Flow - 303 CFM at 1.50" H20

wow if true cheap HP for a total of 696HP

I haven't seen that, but Halltech has also been claiming huge gains on the Z06 with a CAI. Looks like a bunch of easy cheap horsepower on a Z06.

Much different on a Stingray I'm more inclined to believe Halltech (whose claims are much lower on a Stingray than AFE's) because so much dyno work was done by Katech. See Halltech's site on that for more information.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.