Jan 23, 2017
Bobcaygeon
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 Corvette
Province
ON
Hey quick question. I got thinkin, maybe not required but thought for 400 bucks these seemed like a good idea. Are they really required on the C8? I already park on 3/4 " solid rubber stable horse mats.

Race ramps 14" wide
ramps
1000005280.jpg

Last edited:
EDIT: That was supposed to say are NOT prone to flat spotting. I can't figure out how to edit my original post.
I did it for you.
Wouldn't run flats be even less so with their stiffer sidewall?

I did it for you.
Wouldn't run flats be even less so with their stiffer sidewall?
How about raising it up on blocks for storage thereby taking the weight off not only the tires but also the suspension. Certainly can’t hurt. I have personally done this for years. Takes less than three beers time.

Reactions: Dik
How about raising it up on blocks for storage thereby taking the weight off not only the tires but also the suspension. Certainly can’t hurt. I have personally done this for years. Takes less than three beers time.
Where are you putting the blocks? I'm not sure if it's good to have the weight of the wheels and tires hanging off the fully extended shocks. Seems like a solution in search of a problem.

Not sure if it's good to have the weight of the wheels and tires hanging off the fully extended shocks, though. Seems like a solution in search of a problem.
Perhaps. Although I think that I would prefer to have them “ hang “ as opposed to the shocks being compressed by all of the vehicles weight for that period of time. As usual , I suspect there will be many and varied opinions , Lol .

Where are you putting the blocks? I'm not sure if it's good to have the weight of the wheels and tires hanging off the fully extended shocks. Seems like a solution in search of a problem.
Place the blocks under the lift points . Same spot a jack would go. I mentioned it because of Cannonball’s tire concerns.

How do you put a block under a lift point when the jack is there???
Oh my , you may well have a point there but that’s why they make axle stands. I think that the point where the jack actually makes contact may well be somewhat stronger than the areas adjacent to it although the entire frame is still quite strong. There is also a balance component involved as well . If you are lowering the vehicle onto 12x12 timber set adjacent to the jack point the weight is distributed over a larger area than the small contact point of the jack so i don’t see any issues from that standpoint. I haven’t seen the underside of a C8 yet, unfortunately, but I assume the vehicle can be placed on axle stands which should also do the trick. I may be wrong on that though, god knows I have been before, lol . Really just a suggestion from the start here but I have my 1964 Bonneville on blocks as we speak. And yes it is a considerably different animal.
Is it necessary for storage? Maybe not but some people like to do it. I have though seen it many times over the years. Of course that doesn’t necessarily make it right.

Perhaps. Although I think that I would prefer to have them “ hang “ as opposed to the shocks being compressed by all of the vehicles weight for that period of time. As usual , I suspect there will be many and varied opinions , Lol .
Shocks are not fully compressed when wheels are sitting on the ground. I suspect they are somewhere at mid point in the piston travel. Have to be for the wheel to be able to travel up or down while the car is in motion.

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller
More importantly, where did you get that car cover, and how stretchy is it ? I see the zipper portion on the frunk too, nice touch. I am about to pull the trigger on this one from Amazon, but no matter what cover I choose, it will be a risky purchase because I have a huge CF front lip and ducktail out back, so the material would need some give to allow it to stretch over the aero. This cover below is just under $500.

1696600134147.png

My cover was ordered with my car. It has access panels front and back allowing me to connect for example my tender, while being able to lift the rear hatch if desired. Cool cover dire t from GM. I believe Car Covers makes it?

Attachments

• 2023-10-0612.54.293921915841541173424.jpg
    2023-10-0612.54.293921915841541173424.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.