Check this out: and there are others posts on Google regarding this London Ontario Corvette Club. There's a start for you.

Reactions: ncnmra
I think many of the clubs are "shut down" now with events cancelled so hopefully that's the case with them but you'll have to make enquiries to find out or hear from a Forum member who lives closer to you. And as someone who plans to retire in the next 5 to (more likely) 8 years, I'm trying to understand your comments...beware of "us oldies" starting up a "grey-hairs-matter" movement...coming soon to a community near you... ;).

I have a brother who's a "car nut" and LOVES older Oldsmobiles. He used to live in Oakville and there were LOTS of car clubs around him, so with Ontario's population base, I'm sure you'll find other Corvette lovers.

Thanks for the info, guys. I had come across Steel Horse Automotive. I just want someone I can trust to work on my car, and I typically dislike going to the dealerships.

I picked up a Dual Mode exhaust, so I'd like that installed. I understand that its off a Z06, so I'll need to go from the 2.5" to the 3" piping, so I want someone that knows what they are doing. Cambridge is about 1h away, so that's very reasonable, and if Steel Horse is decent, that would be even better.

Thanks! Although their video makes it look like most of the members are.....um.....retired?

The forum on their website doesn't appear to have any activity.
Although this is an old thread, I thought I would respond to a few points.

The CWO Forum, is used for Members Only, so you would need to be a Member with a User ID and Password to view anything in the Forum. It contains club documents, pictures and videos specific to our club members. And yes it is active ... but Members Only. Anybody wishing to contact us though, can simply go to our main Website ( www.corvetteswo.com ) and choose Contact Us. You can specify any questions you may have, which will be sent to our Club.

Your response regarding “most of the members appear … um … retired”. Well … um … I resemble that remark! We retired last year specifically, but several years early. I guess you have to look at the demographics, which will no doubt change as more C8’s make it in peoples hands which is even more appealing to the younger groups who have the cash. Undoubtedly, a higher percentage of Members are in the 50+ age group, we do have a few in the 30+ and 40+ as well. Many of my age generation of Corvette owners may find once they have established themselves in their careers, paid off their mortgages and become empty nesters that the Corvette purchase can be achieved. In our case I was 45. We have been members of CWO for 18 years. So once upon a time we were much younger, but we have just as much fun driving our car now, as we did back then.

In our cub we have a range of Members who just joined this year, to others that have been with the club for 51, yup 51 years! You will find our club, in general (don't slam me for saying), is no different than any of the other Corvette Clubs.

I think what you see is that younger individuals have other family and career obligations that make it difficult to participate in a club.

I did see last summer there was a group of younger individuals with varied types of cars doing donuts, closing streets and causing mayhem in the streets of Toronto. Not sure if they are a formal car club or not, but they are definitely much younger group 😊, but I doubt that is what you are looking for.

Reactions: DL-Hamilton
Although this is an old thread, I thought I would respond to a few points.

The CWO Forum, is used for Members Only, so you would need to be a Member with a User ID and Password to view anything in the Forum. It contains club documents, pictures and videos specific to our club members. And yes it is active ... but Members Only. Anybody wishing to contact us though, can simply go to our main Website ( www.corvetteswo.com ) and choose Contact Us. You can specify any questions you may have, which will be sent to our Club.

Your response regarding “most of the members appear … um … retired”. Well … um … I resemble that remark! We retired last year specifically, but several years early. I guess you have to look at the demographics, which will no doubt change as more C8’s make it in peoples hands which is even more appealing to the younger groups who have the cash. Undoubtedly, a higher percentage of Members are in the 50+ age group, we do have a few in the 30+ and 40+ as well. Many of my age generation of Corvette owners may find once they have established themselves in their careers, paid off their mortgages and become empty nesters that the Corvette purchase can be achieved. In our case I was 45. We have been members of CWO for 18 years. So once upon a time we were much younger, but we have just as much fun driving our car now, as we did back then.

In our cub we have a range of Members who just joined this year, to others that have been with the club for 51, yup 51 years! You will find our club, in general (don't slam me for saying), is no different than any of the other Corvette Clubs.

I think what you see is that younger individuals have other family and career obligations that make it difficult to participate in a club.

I did see last summer there was a group of younger individuals with varied types of cars doing donuts, closing streets and causing mayhem in the streets of Toronto. Not sure if they are a formal car club or not, but they are definitely much younger group 😊, but I doubt that is what you are looking for.
I resemble his remark as well. Pushing 70, I can still stomp on that loud pedal and have just as much fun as I ever did driving hot rods. I may look like an old fart on the outside, but I still look at everything and everybody just like I did when I was young. Only the aches and pains and the reflection in the mirror remind I am not 30 years old anymore. And maybe getting in and out of my car is another reminder.

I resemble his remark as well. Pushing 70, I can still stomp on that loud pedal and have just as much fun as I ever did driving hot rods. I may look like an old fart on the outside, but I still look at everything and everybody just like I did when I was young. Only the aches and pains and the reflection in the mirror remind I am not 30 years old anymore. And maybe getting in and out of my car is another reminder.
I'm pushing 70 as well but when I get off my 2 km of gravel to the pavement, the first thing I do is shut all the nannies down, stomp on the go pedal through first, power shift just below red line into second with the tires still spinning and don't back off until my baby starts heading for the toolies.... (is that still a word...)... And then my smile stays on the rest of the way into the city.... In years we may grow but in spirit, we never grow up.... Sheesh... I'm just like Confucius.. hahahahaha...

I'm wondering if there are any owners from London, Ontario? I'm curious if there are any good independent mechanics in the area that are knowledgable with 'Vettes, and also if there are any Corvette Clubs in the area?
Hi, Please let me know if you had did use
I'm wondering if there are any owners from London, Ontario? I'm curious if there are any good independent mechanics in the area that are knowledgable with 'Vettes, and also if there are any Corvette Clubs in the area?
Hi please let me know if you did use steel horse for repairs & the outcome ......thnks clarence 63 c2

I did use Steel Horse. I was quite happy with their service. I recently traded my 2013 base for a 2008 C6 Z06, and had the heads fixed at Race Ready Garage in Cambridge. Very happy with that garage for LS specific work.
I appreciate your reply, I may try him again. Maybe the new norm. these days require repeated reminders for basic maintenance, then to expect expensive responses.
thnks
clarence

had work done by dan at steel horse great work had my car going in know time race ready here in cambridge where i live has a get rep you will have a 3 month wait list thou

Attachments

• thumbnail_image2 (6).jpg
    thumbnail_image2 (6).jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 7
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.