Anyone have Bell TV and Rogers Sportsnet?

Messages
13,120
Reaction score
16,200
VetteCoins
311,025
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
I haven't been able to log in to the Sportsnet app for a month now on my Google TV's. Bell is blaming Rogers and Rogers is blaming Bell.
I'm stuck in an authentication loop. It says I logged in fine, but always returns me to a page asking me to sign in or subscribe.
It only fails on Google TV's. I can log in fine on a PC or my android phone. Just not any of my 3 google TV's (2 Sony and 1 TCL)
If anyone here has both can you let me know if you can authenticate to Sportsnet with your Bell account.
That will tell me who I should blame. I think it's got to be the app, but I can't convince them.
Yes, I have reinstalled the app, cleared the cache, reset my tv to factory settings etc. etc. etc.
 
Last edited:
I haven't been able to log in to the Sportsnet app for a month now on my Google TV's. Bell is blaming Rogers and Rogers is blaming Bell.
I'm stuck in an authentication loop. It says I logged in fine, but always returns me to a page asking me to sign in or subscribe.
It only fails on Google TV's. I can log in fine on a PC or my android phone. Just not any of my 3 google TV's (2 Sony and 1 TCL)
If anyone here has both can you let me know if you can authenticate to Sportsnet with your Bell account.
That will tell me who I should blame. I think it's got to be the app, but I can't convince them.
Yes, I have reinstalled the app, cleared the cache, reset my tv to factory settings etc. etc. etc.
Firmware update perhaps?
 
Funny enough I just updated the Sony this afternoon, but still no go.
Maybe something here ? Link to source, https://www.perplexity.ai/search/c6506a7f-334b-4f56-9069-10f805c9bf97

Here are the most effective fixes for Sportsnet login issues on Google TV, based on Sportsnet’s own guidance and common Google TV quirks.
1) Confirm which Sportsnet app/version you’re using
On Google TV there are two paths: Sportsnet+ (direct subscription) or TV Provider (cable/satellite/telco login).
The app also warns that you can’t sign into different versions of the app across platforms (e.g., mobile vs. smart TV version); if you normally use mobile, you may need to cast instead of logging in directly on the TV.
If you’re unsure, open the app and note whether it shows “Sign in with Sportsnet+” or “Sign in with TV Provider.”
2) Use the correct activation flow (Google TV / Android TV)
Sportsnet’s supported method for connected devices is an activation code, not typing your password on the TV.
If you have Sportsnet+ (direct subscription)
In the app, choose Sign in with Sportsnet+.
On a phone/PC, go to: **Sportsnet (https://watch.sportsnet.ca/activate**)
Log in with your Sportsnet+ email/password.
Enter the activation code shown on your TV.
Wait ~15 seconds on the TV for it to link.
If you log in via a TV provider (Shaw/Rogers/etc.)
In the app, choose Sign In With TV Provider.
On a phone/PC, go to: **Sportsnet (https://watch.sportsnet.ca/tv**)
Enter the activation code from your TV.
Select your provider and log in with your provider credentials (the same username/password you use for your cable/telco account).
This activation-page method is what Sportsnet documents for “connected devices,” and it avoids on-TV keyboard issues.
3) Quick Google TV–specific checks
Try these if the activation flow still won’t stick:
Update the app:
Google TV home → your profile → Settings → Apps → See all apps → Sportsnet → Update (or uninstall/reinstall from Play Store).
Clear app data/cache:
Settings → Apps → Sportsnet → Clear cache and Clear data, then reopen and start the activation flow again.
Check Google profile:
Settings → Accounts & Sign In → ensure you’re using the same Google profile you normally use for streaming services.
Network/DRM issues:
Temporarily disable any VPN/Smart DNS/ad blockers on your router or device.
Restart your modem/router and the Google TV device.
4) If it still fails
Try logging in via a browser on your phone/PC at **Sportsnet (https://watch.sportsnet.ca/signin**) to confirm your credentials work there.
If browser login works but the TV won’t activate, contact Sportsnet support and mention: device = Google TV, error behaviour, and that activation at watch.sportsnet.ca/tv (or /activate) is failing.
If you tell me:
whether you’re using Sportsnet+ or a TV provider, and
what exact error or behaviour you see (e.g., “invalid credentials,” spinning loader, code not accepted),
 
Maybe something here ? Link to source, https://www.perplexity.ai/search/c6506a7f-334b-4f56-9069-10f805c9bf97

Here are the most effective fixes for Sportsnet login issues on Google TV, based on Sportsnet’s own guidance and common Google TV quirks.
1) Confirm which Sportsnet app/version you’re using
On Google TV there are two paths: Sportsnet+ (direct subscription) or TV Provider (cable/satellite/telco login).
The app also warns that you can’t sign into different versions of the app across platforms (e.g., mobile vs. smart TV version); if you normally use mobile, you may need to cast instead of logging in directly on the TV.
If you’re unsure, open the app and note whether it shows “Sign in with Sportsnet+” or “Sign in with TV Provider.”
2) Use the correct activation flow (Google TV / Android TV)
Sportsnet’s supported method for connected devices is an activation code, not typing your password on the TV.
If you have Sportsnet+ (direct subscription)
In the app, choose Sign in with Sportsnet+.
On a phone/PC, go to: **Sportsnet (https://watch.sportsnet.ca/activate**)
Log in with your Sportsnet+ email/password.
Enter the activation code shown on your TV.
Wait ~15 seconds on the TV for it to link.
If you log in via a TV provider (Shaw/Rogers/etc.)
In the app, choose Sign In With TV Provider.
On a phone/PC, go to: **Sportsnet (https://watch.sportsnet.ca/tv**)
Enter the activation code from your TV.
Select your provider and log in with your provider credentials (the same username/password you use for your cable/telco account).
This activation-page method is what Sportsnet documents for “connected devices,” and it avoids on-TV keyboard issues.
3) Quick Google TV–specific checks
Try these if the activation flow still won’t stick:
Update the app:
Google TV home → your profile → Settings → Apps → See all apps → Sportsnet → Update (or uninstall/reinstall from Play Store).
Clear app data/cache:
Settings → Apps → Sportsnet → Clear cache and Clear data, then reopen and start the activation flow again.
Check Google profile:
Settings → Accounts & Sign In → ensure you’re using the same Google profile you normally use for streaming services.
Network/DRM issues:
Temporarily disable any VPN/Smart DNS/ad blockers on your router or device.
Restart your modem/router and the Google TV device.
4) If it still fails
Try logging in via a browser on your phone/PC at **Sportsnet (https://watch.sportsnet.ca/signin**) to confirm your credentials work there.
If browser login works but the TV won’t activate, contact Sportsnet support and mention: device = Google TV, error behaviour, and that activation at watch.sportsnet.ca/tv (or /activate) is failing.
If you tell me:
whether you’re using Sportsnet+ or a TV provider, and
what exact error or behaviour you see (e.g., “invalid credentials,” spinning loader, code not accepted),
Done all that and more, but thanks for trying.
 
It works on my android phone. It's my 3 Android (google) tv's that don't work, but thanks for trying.
Can you not cast to the TV from your phone or tablet as a work around. Because if you call their tech support you won't even get a reach around, lol.
 
Can you not cast to the TV from your phone or tablet as a work around. Because if you call their tech support you won't even get a reach around, lol.
I can, but it's not as smooth. It's awkward for pausing etc.
I could also use a firestick which I'll likely do if they can't fix their app.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top