i-VTCtWr5-L.jpg

Now this is a real corker, why is there a flatbed at the side of the van? If they are passing the patient out of the engine, the first problem is, I think; the stretcher would roll as they only have 3 corners supported. If they hang on to the stretcher then you'd have 3 guys holding it on a van roof with no way to move to set it down. I'm guessing its at that point they could only move towards the left side of the van and dump the patient overboard. That's why there is a flatbed wagon on that side!
Actually they are putting the stretcher into the engine. No air ambulance in those days so a lone engine was the fastest way to get to the nearest hospital. :angelic:

Actually they are putting the stretcher into the engine. No air ambulance in those days so a lone engine was the fastest way to get to the nearest hospital. :angelic:
Yes Rruuff, but even the logistics of getting a stretcher lifted to the roof of the van and then getting on the roof to lift it into the train engine, without dropping the patient, would be difficult.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 BAD 9T9

Users who are viewing this thread