JLFC

Casual User
Apr 3, 2018
Vancouver
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Corvette Z06
Guys, as I'm new here and got my car recently, I wanted you to share any experience and knowledge on where to drive our evil machinery with no real need to worry about the possibility of running into any trouble :Dupe: or being a possible threat to others. Just want to enjoy some good driving during my free time.
Summing up, I'm looking for some empty, twisty back roads around Metro Vancouver. :canada::Cheers2:

Guys, as I'm new here and got my car recently, I wanted you to share any experience and knowledge on where to drive our evil machinery with no real need to worry about the possibility of running into any trouble :Dupe: or being a possible threat to others. Just want to enjoy some good driving during my free time.
Summing up, I'm looking for some empty, twisty back roads around Metro Vancouver. :canada::Cheers2:

Hi there JLFC, to find what you describe you are more than likely going to have to hit sections of the highway with a defined destination point. I like the sea to sky hwy, a trip to Tsawassen for some fish and chips or Squamish for some good pub food and a beer. We just did Cultus lake for lunch. It all depends on how far you want to drive and what you want to do once you get there. Nothing wrong with going down Denman then doing the Seawall at Stanley Park, albeit top speed will prob be 50kph LOL. I Joned a local Vette Club and they have organized cruises. Unfortunately, not many twisty roads in Metro Van that will not get you in trouble.....

Hi there JLFC, to find what you describe you are more than likely going to have to hit sections of the highway with a defined destination point. I like the sea to sky hwy, a trip to Tsawassen for some fish and chips or Squamish for some good pub food and a beer. We just did Cultus lake for lunch. It all depends on how far you want to drive and what you want to do once you get there. Nothing wrong with going down Denman then doing the Seawall at Stanley Park, albeit top speed will prob be 50kph LOL. I Joned a local Vette Club and they have organized cruises. Unfortunately, not many twisty roads in Metro Van that will not get you in trouble.....
Thank you for the reply Paul.
Do you think I'm able to join that Vette Club as well? It would be nice.

:Cheers2:

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
JLFC, you most certainly can. I recently joined the BC Corvette Club and we meet at Preston Chev Olds in Langley on the 1st Wed of each mo. I know that Nascar03 is on the executive of the Riverside Corvette Club and they meet at Duecks in Richmond. What I may suggest is for you to go onto the BC Corvette site and or the Riverside Corvette Club and check out their events/activities sections and see if it meets with what you're looking for.

Last edited:
JLFC...
There are some nice local roads for cruising as mentioned by Paul.
Day trips up the Sea-to-Sky are nice although has a lot of traffic in the good months.
Heading thru Hope you can drive Hwy #1 to Cache Creek, Hwy #5 to Merrit or Hwy #3 to Princeton.

The two local Vette clubs often have group cruises.
These may not be the ‘spirited’ driving that you are looking for but are sure fun.

There are also many weekend events in other cites in Western Canada that can be great fun driving to/from.

If you wish a place to ‘push’ your car to it’s limits there are organized Autocross events at Pitt Meadows most weekends.
This can be a great way to meet others with the same desires and also will improve your driving skills.
All in a safe setting.
Many local race clubs welcome new members to participate.PCA, VCMC, BCMA, etc.
They have driving schools a few times a year to introduce new people to this sport.
There is also track racing available at many courses within a few hours of Vancouver.

PM me if you wish more info about Autocross or track competition.

Graham

Heading thru Hope you can drive Hwy #1 to Cache Creek,

Graham

Still one of the best drives I’ve ever done,not in the Z though. I drove this twice in the 06 Sti. This is why I like to stay in Hope when going to the airshow. And we ate at that “Elvis rocks the canyon” restaurant just south of Hells Gate.

Reactions: JLFC and nascar03
I did a drive with Ziggy from AB last year along sea to sky to Pemberton - lots of hwy. and great views.

Reactions: JLFC
I should have mentioned the Rmd. & Langley corvette clubs have cruises - make contact - check their websites for dates and places. Graham suggestion is great as well - did in my shelby gt500.

Reactions: JLFC
I did Duffy Lake Rd a few times back when i had my Corvettes. I like Sea To Sky from Squamish to Pemberton. Horseshoe Bay to Squamish is pretty boring. Marine Dr in West Vancouver can be fun but the road is quite narrow, frequent traffic and cyclists. I just recently got myself a Jeep Trackhawk :Hurray:, once it is all properly worked in im going to do the the full Duffy Lake loop.

Reactions: JLFC and ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread