I am confused. What does Car Pretty have to do with Showtime?
thought showtime was the new name for the dealer I used a decade ago, it was not
the folks I dealt with thrice was car pretty and they were great
showtime was ok according to a friend but not great,
‘wanted to get the owners name before saying they were the ones a decade ago that were great
if north gate recommends them they are probably good

maybe not in this case but dealers used to get a 100 referral fee when recommending PPF or other outside suppliers
just sayin

… was ok according to a friend but not great …
... when I was in court seeking compensation on a copyright issue, the judge said that hearsay was not considered reliable and therefore
cannot be considered ... lol ... fortunately I still proved my case to win - well perhaps win more for my lawyer actually .

... importantly from comments so far ... I will be noting that when in YEG for my next new vehicle purchase at Northgate, to definitely
compare product with that from Car Pretty (I appreciate learning this from this thread).

adding background to my own experience at Showtime - considered perhaps not being as fussy for a new truck ...
I got referred to Showtime because that was who Northgate "partnered with" for "protection package upgrades" that the
financing desk offers new buyers after the vehicle price was agreed upon. I was not interested in "protection package" prices
but Northgate added what I wanted at their approx cost (much less as they most likely get volume - trade partner pricing - whatever).
I then went to Showtime and they took care of my selected needs for my Truck. Their was no apparent kickback ... Showtime just invoiced
Northgate for my work (yyssw ... same net result perhaps).

I sure do recall in the past dealing with the odd dealership salesperson that had a habit of on-the-side referrals and speculating the kickbacks (that's shenanigans).
From the actual Dealership itself, I always speculate volume discount pricing that yes ... can be considered to net a similar result (that's business).

I am interested in knowing how this goes for you @Cariboocreek and hoping you will follow-up on this thread. Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeffer2013
northgate is where I take my corvette for oil changes and warranty work and they are fantastic
had a issue with air conditioning that the local Chevy dealership laughed at me and said it was how all the corvettes are
took it to north gate and said if they can’t fix it I will sell it as we cannot live with the faulty air conditioning
‘they seemed to unders and is aid I would spend a grand to tear it apart and get it fixed
was a mouse nest and they fixed it under warranty as the fan quit intermittently
saved me 1700 and the local dealership can pound sand as far as listening to corvette owners
northgate has had some staff changes lately so info not entirely current

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
northgate is where I take my corvette for oil changes and warranty work and they are fantastic
had a issue with air conditioning that the local Chevy dealership laughed at me and said it was how all the corvettes are
took it to north gate and said if they can’t fix it I will sell it as we cannot live with the faulty air conditioning
‘they seemed to unders and is aid I would spend a grand to tear it apart and get it fixed
was a mouse nest and they fixed it under warranty as the fan quit intermittently
saved me 1700 and the local dealership can pound sand as far as listening to corvette owners
northgate has had some staff changes lately so info not entirely current
Yoikes (good on Northgate) …
How did your cat fair after your discussion with it after the fact?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.