Just picked up my baby tonight and what a thrill. Like everyone has been saying I just can't get the smile off my face. What a beast this car is, I can hardly wait for the break in period to be done. And boy does this car ever get a lot of attention! Unfortunately it's suppose to rain all weekend and I'm out of town next week but I can look at and sit in it in the garage and try to figure out all the electronics, that will pretty much fill up the next couple of days.
I have a Caravaggio Stage 2 package on it and I can't believe the difference this makes... special thanks to John as he personally delivered them to the dealer yesterday so I could pick it up today. Here's a few pic's...
2015-06-26 002.JPG

2015-06-26 003.JPG

Sharing the excitement with my son
2015-06-26 008.JPG
Tucked away with her siblings for the night... need a bigger garage this was a tight squeeze!
2015-06-26 010.JPG

Enjoy the hell out of that bad boy vert. I'm in the mix waiting on one myself. In the meantime, I'll live vicariously through you lol.

....and perhaps a bit through those coupe folk as well : )

Congrats Frank...looks great and you will need a few days yo figure out the electronics but, once it is set, it is amazing. I get in my car and the steering seat and mirrors automatically adjust to my preset and, when i get out, they go back to factory allowing the space to exit. No keys needed as it unlocks when I go to open the door and locks automatically a few seconds after i am out. I also find remote start very useful on hot days. Onstar is still not ideal but I really like the mobile app on my Blackberry that gives me a complete vehicle diagnosis and let's one lock, unlock, start, cancel start. or activate/shut off horn and lights remotely. In addition, the app has a map capability where you can find your destination on your cell and then send it to your cars Nav where it sets as a route. The on-board wi-fi is good but a PITA if you always leave your wi-fi on as it tries to connect continuously in the car...unless of course you turn wi-fi off. You can also pay 14 bucks for 200 minutes calling on the incar cell. This is a great price considering that plan is for ANYWHERE in Canada or the US without roaming charges and can be used anytime within a year. I also find the audible function to be very accurate in finding my music from my SD card (42GB) or making a call. The ONLY think I tried and had to set back again as I couldn't get used to was the automatic lowering of mirrors when reversing.

Unexpectedly, if you get full Xpel done, the compliments I am getting on this are totally unexpected, these mostly coming from other vette guys and car enthusiasts.

Things to be careful of... sill plates; They are extremely easy to scratch getting in and out of the car and transparent covers are the way I went. As well, I already bumped the front ever so slightly...learned that lesson real quick as it created divets in the front spoiler and required an emergency fix by my paint guy before the Xpel. The reverse cam is now used exclusively for parking.

Also if interested, we are doing a run which is turning rather large in fact...from Stoney Creek through the highlight driving roads of the Niagara Region and then along the Niagara River from Fort Erie to NOTL on the 4th if interested.

Thanks for the info Les... have been playing with it for a bit today and have some things figured out. I have an M7 so no auto start for me. Still trying to figure out the auto lock feature.. I think it was set as on when I picked it up (horn chirped twice when I closed the door) but is turned off now? I saw your earlier post about the sills and have been very careful as a result.

As for the run on Jul 4th... I have been following the discussion on another thread and it is tempting but will have to pass as I have committed to going to the Bayfield event.

Can you Xpel or 3M the sill plates? I had 3M put on the door sills but not the plates. The dealer's mechanic scratched one and they replaced it, no issues.

Just picked up my baby tonight and what a thrill. Like everyone has been saying I just can't get the smile off my face. What a beast this car is, I can hardly wait for the break in period to be done. And boy does this car ever get a lot of attention! Unfortunately it's suppose to rain all weekend and I'm out of town next week but I can look at and sit in it in the garage and try to figure out all the electronics, that will pretty much fill up the next couple of days.
I have a Caravaggio Stage 2 package on it and I can't believe the difference this makes... special thanks to John as he personally delivered them to the dealer yesterday so I could pick it up today. Here's a few pic's...
View attachment 2380
View attachment 2381
Sharing the excitement with my sonView attachment 2382 Tucked away with her siblings for the night... need a bigger garage this was a tight squeeze!View attachment 2383
Beautiful color combo , saw one in Montreal 2 weeks ago when picking up my car .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread