Bearly Flying

RIP
You're a Regular 2 You're 10
Dec 31, 2009
Ponoka, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2001 C5
Hello to All, just heard about the site from a Buddy. Great to have a Canadian Forum.
I've had a 2001 C5, 6 spd Mag Red for almost 2 yrs, Absolutely love the Car.
I use it as My daily driver in the summer, so it does get dirty and does get driven in the rain etc...... Hopefully you guy's won't kick me off the Forum for that..:D.

Hi! Welcome Don! If I was not such a wuss, I would dd my car in the summer as well. I would join you in the secret Alberta Corvette handshake...but as I'm not from Alberta, I'll have to ask Tony to do that for me.

Hello to All, just heard about the site from a Buddy. Great to have a Canadian Forum.
I've had a 2001 C5, 6 spd Mag Red for almost 2 yrs, Absolutely love the Car.
I use it as My daily driver in the summer, so it does get dirty and does get driven in the rain etc...... Hopefully you guy's won't kick me off the Forum for that..:D.

Welcome, and don't worry about the rain 'cause I drive mine in all year round.

Corvettesalty1.jpg

Not much chance of using the Car all year long in this Town, They don't plow the streets, wouldn't make the end of the block before being high centered....

Thanks for the warm Welcome

Welcome. I think cars are made for driving. If you want to drive it you should. Mine has been in the rain many times (and it leaks) and it got snowed on at least twice since I've owned it.

T

Welcome. I think cars are made for driving. If you want to drive it you should. Mine has been in the rain many times (and it leaks) and it got snowed on at least twice since I've owned it.

T

I'll second that. Having said that mine has been tucked away in a heated garage since early November but I do remember getting rained on at least twice last summer.

The only thing that makes me cringe about driving through rain is if you are surrounded by storms. The one time it happened in my Subaru, I wasn't so lucky, caught the edge of one with hail so bad that traffic stopped on the highway! That caused quite a bit of damage. I don't want that to happen again.

I know what you mean, Got caught in a vicious hailstorm down in West Texas on my bike. No place to hide, didn't dare stop, so I rode through it. That stuff hurts when it hits you..

Winter and summer? How do theese cars perform in the snow. When I drove a 5.0 mustang GT 5spd one winter everybody told me I was crazy and would not be able to move in snow. They where wrong the car drove not too bad the snow tires where probably a must as I didnt try with the all seasons.

Awesome picture Don!

I think that using one of these cars in the winter would boil down to tires and snow. With the right tires, the Corvette would be like any other car that has traction control and an active handling system.

I bet it would push a wee bit of snow too, however if you got a few inches of snow or you had to drive through ruts, I think it would end it right there.

You should ask Mad*Max as I think he drives his Vette all year round.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread