I did the above post over on the regular C7 section. I am contemplating purchasing this shop tool to properly bleed my C7 ZR1 CAC system. As mentioned in that thread most cars that come from the factory usually do not have a properly bled CAC system and that can hurt your car's performance especially if you drive it hard or track it.

So, if I do purchase this device are there people here interested in having their CAC systems bled properly? I would be willing to do this on your car for a small fee. Most dealers will charge 3hrs or more for this service and even then there is no guarantee that your system will be totally free of air. Most people can attempt to do this with regular tools and manual pumps but you would be spending a ton of time doing this and again no guarantee of a properly bled system.

I'm not interested in making money doing this, I just want to recoup some of the costs for me to purchase this device and I can use it to help some of you achieve a properly bled CAC system and maybe your car will operate to its potential.

If I buy this thing I'll have it working on my car first then I can do other people's cars later in the spring/summer. Post down below if you are interested in having your CAC system done.

Tony

I purchased the device along with a vacuum pump so I am looking forward to trying it out on my ZR1, curious now to see what amount of air there might be in there. I will be filming the process of me using it on my car once I get it up and running when the warmer weather shows up in a few months.

Tony

Cooler bleeder showed up at the cross border pickup place so about an hour ago I went to pick it up. Very quick service. Ordered Sunday, shipped out Monday arrived to Niagara Falls Wed, did the procedure to get it over here yesterday aftn and 1 day later got it in my hands.

Very well packaged and everything looks great. I'll put it together this weekend sometime and upload some pics. Again won't be using it till around spring time after I get my car out from winter storage and again if anyone in the GTA area wants their CAC system bled properly after I do my ZR1 and get more familiar with how to use this device let me know via PM.

Tony

Reactions: gmhzo6
I'm waiting for a warm day to try out my new toy that's been sitting on the shelf since January, looks like the middle of the week should be good enough weather wise to try it out on my car.

I've already tested the electrical aspects of it and it's good to go. I had to check for the proper fuse locations to tap into so I can run the pumps while the cooler bleeder does its thing (C7 ZR1 has 2 CAC systems hence 2 pumps and each side has to be done independently).

Looking forward to seeing how much air it pulls out and knowing my CAC systems will be bled properly to keep heatsoak from ever happening is good to keep the car running at its best.

Insurance goes on next week and if roads are dry it's test drive time after this is done, also have a dyno date for it sometime in May.

I redid my CAC systems yesterday on my C7 ZR1, did a post about it and couple of pictures for you C7 Z06 guys to check out:

I just had Tony perform the supercharger cooler system bleed processes on my Z06. He did a fantastic job. Very professional. His home garage is clean, well equipped and he had all the steps ready to go. He supplied everything; battery charger, vacuum and coolant, all you need is your car, Tony will take of the rest. My 2017 Z06 with 27,000 KM did have a good size bubble on top of the tank and after about 30 minuties of pump & vacum I can barely see any bubble in that tank. I highly recommend doing this. It is shocking how much air is in the system and even after 20 minutes of constant vacuum/pump action still bubbles coming thru. It is well worth it and bonus while you wait you can see Tony"s C7 ZR1. Total about 1-1.5 hour to complete.
This really shows the power of the Corvette community and way the forum can help.
Thanks again Tony

I dynoed my ZR1 the other day (check C7/ZR1 section) and it makes plenty of jam and I firmly believe it makes what it makes not only because of the performance mods I did (minor) but because I have no air in my CAC circuits that allowed the SC to do its thing.

According to Dave @ RRG, timing and fuel trims were bang on, intake air temps were low and very consistent through all the pulls and I attribute that to using the cooler bleeder to remove the air from the CAC system. That kept the SC from heating up too much.

So again if you have never had that system properly bled YOU ARE LEAVING HP ON THE TABLE, having knock, detonation and giving heat soak a real chance to pop up on your car when things heat up. Get a hold of me to have your SC intercooler system properly done.

Tony

Last edited:
Reactions: turbozig
I dynoed my ZR1 the other day (check C7/ZR1 section) and it makes plenty of jam and I firmly believe it makes what it makes not only because of the performance mods I did (minor) but because I have no air in my CAC circuits that allowed the SC to do its thing.

According to Dave @ RRG, timing and fuel trims were bang on, intake air temps were low and very consistent through all the pulls and I attribute that to using the cooler bleeder to remove the air from the CAC system. That kept the SC from heating up too much.

So again if you have never had that system properly bled YOU ARE LEAVING HP ON THE TABLE, having knock, detonation and giving heat soak a real chance to pop up on your car when things heat up. Get a hold of me to have your SC intercooler system properly done.

Tony
Great job and nice numbers. I wonder what a before and after dyno pull would show before a proper CAC bleed? May be an interesting test for someone with dyno access.

• Agree
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Well, there has been several dyno tests on YT where a C7 ZR1 did crap due to air in the CAC circuits causing it to make only something like 5XX to the wheels. These cars and C7 Z06 vehicles when built were filled at the factory and in most cases not bled properly if at all so it makes sense to have your CAC system done so you can have all the ponies that your car is capable of.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.