XFIRE82

Power User
Oct 24, 2014
VetteCoins
Province
SK
Just recently I dragged home another 58 chev, lost count but that is about number 30 in my lifetime. It's a 58 Bel Air 4 door hardtop, very rare to find one like this cause it has never been touched, original paint and everything , just parked and left. The 283 V8 is seized from sitting but I may try break it lose when get a chance. Nearly rust free too. Missing a couple moldings, radio and horn button but I have them in my graveyard. Oh, no key either so I have to take out the lock, get the numbers and I have a old GM key cutter so I'll make one for it. In 58 one key opened everything. No options other than the 283 and powerglide and tinted glass. So rare to see it original under the hood not stripped of anything. I learned to drive in a 58 Biscayne sedan 283 auto which I still have.

IM002594.JPG

IM002595.JPG

IM002607.JPG
IM002629.JPG
IM002604.JPG

IM002627.JPG
IM002628.JPG

Nice find. Car looks very solid.

Where did this one come from?

......3 years ago I went to a farm auction sale about an hour SW of North Battleford. There were about 8 old vehicles they pulled out of the bush. This 58 was one of them. It looked alot worse as one hub was missing, inside was full of junk, flat or no tires, tree sap covered, hood folded. I didn't like the way the auctioneer did it, he said high bidder take what or how many you want from the lineup. Now it's a gamble, how much do you bid, what does the next guy want ? maybe no one wants this 58 and I can get it cheap at the end next round of bidding. There were nicer cars there. Anyways I knew it would not be easy loading with no front hub, something I just did not bring with me. So I gambled went up to 500 and quit, someone gave 550 and guess what he took, my 58. I was disgusted as I was sure the 49 2 door with a nice body or the old Prefect looked like excellent hotrod material would be the guys choice. So I went home empty. Now almost 3 years later this 58 shows up on kijiji from Prince Albert, only looking much better. The guy was going to fix it but changed his mind after cleaning it up and putting on wheels etc. So I was not letting it go again, paid alot more for it but it is mine now. Lucky I have kijiji notification email and as soon as it was listed they let me know otherwise a few minutes more he said it was going to BC as guys were just a calling on it. He knew I'm a 58 guy so he knew I was serious. Anyways that's the story on this one. Not decided yet on what I will do with it as I'm building a sedan delivery right now so full focus is on that when I get back at it come winter.
58 BA at Kramers 2.jpg

58 BA at Kramers.jpg

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.